A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 11:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, for those of us with the OBDEleven device, it seems the long coding description data for Modules 09 and 46 doesn't exist in the app yet. Which means it's real difficult/nigh impossible to know what's going on when long coding those modules. I contacted OBDEleven support through the app's Help menu and asked about this description data, and I got a response this morning that said they are working with VAG to get this database for the B9 A4, and soon..... whatever "soon" means.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by _SlugBug_
So, for those of us with the OBDEleven device, it seems the long coding description data for Modules 09 and 46 doesn't exist in the app yet. Which means it's real difficult/nigh impossible to know what's going on when long coding those modules. I contacted OBDEleven support through the app's Help menu and asked about this description data, and I got a response this morning that said they are working with VAG to get this database for the B9 A4, and soon..... whatever "soon" means.
thats an intermittent problem, a lot of us with OBDeleven have had no issues accessing long coding in those modules.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know that I consider it intermittent for us. I understand that the app is accessing online content, and that there could be conditions (no or poor Internet connection, for example) that would cause it to happen intermittently, but there are a handful of us that have never accessed those modules - ever.

I seem to be the first to have had the problem, and others have reported it since. OBDE support tells us all a new/updated DB from VAG is needed. Could we have later builds that are causing this issue?

I'm being patient, because we're dealing with things we aren't supposed to deal with anyway, but it's frustrating that I can't do the one thing I bought the app to do.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Flyin' SV
I don't know that I consider it intermittent for us. I understand that the app is accessing online content, and that there could be conditions (no or poor Internet connection, for example) that would cause it to happen intermittently, but there are a handful of us that have never accessed those modules - ever.

I seem to be the first to have had the problem, and others have reported it since. OBDE support tells us all a new/updated DB from VAG is needed. Could we have later builds that are causing this issue?

I'm being patient, because we're dealing with things we aren't supposed to deal with anyway, but it's frustrating that I can't do the one thing I bought the app to do.
I also have this 'issue' when trying to access Module 09 (Central Electrics). However, this does not prevent me from completing any of the mods/tweaks that I wanted to do.

What do you want to change? Maybe we can help you set the correct byte-bits.
Old 02-21-2017, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is my timeline of responses from OBDeleven support, after first reporting the issue:

Dec 2: Oh, we are waiting for new database from Audi, so you will need to wait too

Dec 20: Hi, we still negotiate about the price of a new database with Volkswagen AG

Jan 25: Hello, this is not going so fast as we want, we have send them signed licence agreement and waiting for response now.

Feb 14: Sorry, it not go so fast as we want
Old 02-21-2017, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 86 Posts

So far I am unable to access module 46- Adaptation (5 time in last month or so). It's weird that exactly that module and specific item has the problem.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi All,
Has anyone looked into how to activate the visual aid for the parking sensors? I only currently have the Beeps.
Cheers all
Old 02-22-2017, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Snow Addict
Hi All,
Has anyone looked into how to activate the visual aid for the parking sensors? I only currently have the Beeps.
Cheers all
Are yours visible when in reverse? If so, try pressing the P-aid button on the dash to turn on the rear camera (even when you are moving forward) and if the aids activate also. See also the sections of the Owner's Manual starting around page 131.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis
Are yours visible when in reverse? If so, try pressing the P-aid button on the dash to turn on the rear camera (even when you are moving forward) and if the aids activate also. See also the sections of the Owner's Manual starting around page 131.
mine is a MY16 so only has the rear sensors and no rear view camera. It literally just beeps and gives no Visual aid on the MMI
Old 02-27-2017, 05:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Struggling with some VCDS changes :(

Hi guys, I recently took delivery of a B9 allroad 3.0TDi here in the UK, and I've been reading through this discussion with great interest.
I've successfully used VCDS to set needle sweep, oil temp display and lap timer, but am struggling with some others - some code changes found here, some code changes found on pages linked from here (e.g. links to VCDS changes for Q7).

The ones that are really annoying me are:

Enable boot closing from interior button and remote keyfob
Controller 6D - Trunk Electric
Security Access - enter 12345
Adaptations
"Activation using read lid opening button in remote key - Tap function for closing"
- set to Active
"Activation using read lid remote unlocking switch - Tap function for closing"-
- set to Active
I cannot see the above two adaptions in the list
(N.B. I do not have the Convenience Key - remote control works for opening boot, but closing boot via motor is only working from the button in the boot lid itself)
Lock when driving
Module 46 - Central Convenience
Long coding
Byte 35 DE-Select/UN-Tick "Bit 0"
I cannot see the above two adaptions in the list
Enable auto handbrake when shift in P
Unit 53
Security Access - enter 78713
Adaptations
"Shift P to EPB"
- set to Active
No response from controller
Can anyone advise on whether I have got something wrong with these, or that maybe they are just not relevant for a UK B9 allroad?

Many thanks,

Ian

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks