2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 01:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmanhalftenor
I cannot see the above two adaptions in the list
Ian,
What software are you using? Are you using a Ross-Tech cable? Which one and what version of software is being used?
I managed to do the "Lock when Driving" setting without a problem. I'm using an original RT cable "Hex-V2" with SW 17.1.3.0
BTW: I bought my cable in the UK (www.gendan.co.uk)

Johan
Old 03-05-2017, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy ****
Do we have some ways to let the VC to show the speed limit information in the bottom? My car doesn't have traffic sign recognition but I have NAV+. I think there should be some way to let the VC read the traffic speed limit from the Nav database.
not possible. Still working on activating traffic sign recognition
Old 03-05-2017, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Is there any coding to enable easy exit for the driver's seat? Short of storing an "easy exit" seat setting on button 2.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by breadbooze
Is there any coding to enable easy exit for the driver's seat? Short of storing an "easy exit" seat setting on button 2.
Nope. No coding available since easy exit in Audi basically lifts up the steering wheel in those equipped with electrically adjustable steering wheel. In the A4, it isn't possible since the steering has to b adjusted manually.

I'm not sure how I missed it. But. Is there a code to activate the all weather lights along with high beams? And also a code to enable tail lamp LEDs as DRLs?
Old 03-06-2017, 01:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jee-esteke
Ian,
What software are you using? Are you using a Ross-Tech cable? Which one and what version of software is being used?
I managed to do the "Lock when Driving" setting without a problem. I'm using an original RT cable "Hex-V2" with SW 17.1.3.0
BTW: I bought my cable in the UK (Gendan Automotive Products :: Professional and DIY car diagnostic tools :: EOBD, OBD II, CAN and VAG Code Readers and Scan Tools)

Johan
Johan, I'm also using VCDS 17.1.3, and a HEX+USB+CAN cable bought from ILEXA in July 1025 (also UK based - they are in Truro). Label on cable says HC729776, if it's relevant.
(Just a thought - is there a way to list out the adaptions that are in the drop-down?)

Ian
Old 03-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Johan, I'm also using VCDS 17.1.3, and a HEX+USB+CAN cable bought from ILEXA in July 1025 (also UK based - they are in Truro). Label on cable says HC729776, if it's relevant.
(Just a thought - is there a way to list out the adaptions that are in the drop-down?)

Ian
No, not that I know of. I have been playing with screenshots for a while to create a list of (I believe it was) the 9-module, but i was a tedious job, so I stopped...

Anyway, you should be able to do the adaptions in module 46 (I can't speak for the other two for I don't have those modules).
In Mod 46, just choose long coding, and then select byte 35, uncheck bit 0 and then click "do it".
Ought to work...

Johan
Old 03-06-2017, 11:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No response from controller
"No response" usually means you don't have that module.
Did you do an autoscan first or did you directly select the A4/B9 from the list and went straight to the modules?

Johan
Old 03-06-2017, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Nope. No coding available since easy exit in Audi basically lifts up the steering wheel in those equipped with electrically adjustable steering wheel. In the A4, it isn't possible since the steering has to b adjusted manually.

I'm not sure how I missed it. But. Is there a code to activate the all weather lights along with high beams? And also a code to enable tail lamp LEDs as DRLs?

Regarding Tail lamp LEDs as DRL, I have it on as well:

Control unit 09 (Central electrical system) via long coding Byte 02> Set bit 3 to activated

Keep in mind with Rear LED on as DRL, your amber side marker will be on as well. I ended up disabling the amber side marker to maintain a cleaner look.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ekyp

Control unit 09 (Central electrical system) via long coding Byte 02> Set bit 3 to activated

Keep in mind with Rear LED on as DRL, your amber side marker will be on as well. I ended up disabling the amber side marker to maintain a cleaner look.
Thank you very much. The amber side marker doesn't bother me much. For now. I'll check it out.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ekyp

How did you disabled the side marker? I enabled the rear drl thru the obd app, but find the side marker on all the time bothersome.

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks