A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 coding tweaks

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody know how to activate the "Subwoofer Setting" in the Tone Menu? First A4 with B&O didn't have this setting activated while the newer ones do. I've got the latest Software Update yesterday, so activating this should be possible.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:19 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by meijerbrantm
idk, VCP is pretty legit.
Perhaps, but the Ross Tech guys are in PA.. I know them, and they are friends of AudiWorld. I just won't support anyone else.

Also, as Ross Tech found out, I'd expect the VCP folks to be receiving C&D letters from the VW lawyers any time now (unless such things don't matter in Poland)..
Old 04-27-2017, 12:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen
Perhaps, but the Ross Tech guys are in PA.. I know them, and they are friends of AudiWorld. I just won't support anyone else.

Also, as Ross Tech found out, I'd expect the VCP folks to be receiving C&D letters from the VW lawyers any time now (unless such things don't matter in Poland)..
Kris, are you saying Ross Tech also received C&D letters? If so what does that mean for those of us who use VCDS?
Old 04-27-2017, 12:44 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Sorry, should have been more clear - C&D on the use of the word VAG, which VW protects closely.

That's why Ross Tech changed the name from VAG-COM to VCDS. As far as the product, nothing to worry about from that standpoint, which is good, I couldn't live without my VCDS!
Old 04-27-2017, 01:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen
Sorry, should have been more clear - C&D on the use of the word VAG, which VW protects closely.

That's why Ross Tech changed the name from VAG-COM to VCDS. As far as the product, nothing to worry about from that standpoint, which is good, I couldn't live without my VCDS!
Ahhh ok thanks for the clarification. I have been using
VCDS with my past 4 VW/Audi's. I recently purchased an ODBeleven and though it's handy, it's nothing compared to VCDS or VCP. I kind of feel a bit blind using it.
​​​​
Old 04-27-2017, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, if it weren't for the lack of support right now on the MLB Evo I definitely would have upgraded my VCDS. I also have a VCDS Hex-Can, and an OBDEleven.

They all just have unique features right now that only certain ones provide.

I do love Rosstech though. Their support has always been amazing.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by meijerbrantm
Yeah, if it weren't for the lack of support right now on the MLB Evo I definitely would have upgraded my VCDS. I also have a VCDS Hex-Can, and an OBDEleven.

They all just have unique features right now that only certain ones provide.

I do love Rosstech though. Their support has always been amazing.
Ross Tech will eventually get up and running. I just find the Obdeleven to be hit and miss. Half the time I can't even get into certain modules. When it comes to Speed Filters you need to be able to see more of what's going on and have full access.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ok can someone please help me out with coding/adapting the lock/unlock chirps?
I've got an S5 B9 and when i try to change the options which I have found on these forums, it hasnt made any difference.
I'm tempted to do the lane assist too but given I haven't been able to do something as simple as the chirps, I'm a little reluctant.

Also wtf does OBD11 not have the option to restore from the backups it takes? Doesnt that defeat the object of backing up in the first place?!?

Also also, is there a way of just blanket backing up all modules at once? backing up one by one is a massive PITA.
Old 04-28-2017, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Can't work out how to edit posts on this forum so apologies for double posting, but another question, is there a way of enabling speed signs and efficiency assist as presumably they are just software/using the same camera as lane assist?
Old 04-28-2017, 05:16 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ok sorry for the 3rd consecutive post. (there really doesn't seem to be a way of editing posts on these forums?! very odd)

So i'm looking on my phone and cannot for the life of me find where the file I backed up is! I told it to back up module 64, it said it did. I've searched the whole device and SD card for a word that is part of the name i called it, no dice.

ideas?

Quick Reply: 2017 A4 coding tweaks