A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2018 Audi A4 premium shaking seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by newbeitoanaudi
Okay, another update. I took the car to the dealer. They drove it around and said it's nothing and that these kind of cars will provide more of a 'road feel'. I wasn't convinced, and requested if they could do a diagnostic test just to make sure there wasn't anything wrong. They did a roadforce test and got back to me today, saying that all 4 of my tires had flat spots!! They mentioned something about storage, but I've only had the car for a week. They have offered to replace all 4 tires. Who would've thought, a brand new car has all 4 tires malfunctioning.....
Glad the dealer acknowledged that the tires have flat spots and offered to replace them. Your A4 must came with Pirelli Cinturato P7 tires and the build date is most likely a few month earlier (speculating here). It's common problem with that tire when sitting in the lot for a prolonged time. Audi has a TSB for that. I had to have two tires changed by dealer to mitigate the minor vibration issue.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by minmet
Glad the dealer acknowledged that the tires have flat spots and offered to replace them. Your A4 must came with Pirelli Cinturato P7 tires and the build date is most likely a few month earlier (speculating here). It's common problem with that tire when sitting in the lot for a prolonged time. Audi has a TSB for that. I had to have two tires changed by dealer to mitigate the minor vibration issue.
Do you have a preferred site for searching Audi TSBs? I tried an internet search for "Audi TSB database" and got a lot of unhelpful references. Thanks.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by avignon
Do you have a preferred site for searching Audi TSBs? I tried an internet search for "Audi TSB database" and got a lot of unhelpful references. Thanks.
I didn’t search for TSB. There was a thread here discussed about vibration especially above 70 MPH. Plenty info about Pirelli tire issue:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...2912885/page8/

The TSB number is on post #75 I put then.

Last edited by minmet; 01-26-2018 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Okay, another update. I took the car to the dealer. They drove it around and said it's nothing and that these kind of cars will provide more of a 'road feel'. I wasn't convinced, and requested if they could do a diagnostic test just to make sure there wasn't anything wrong. They did a roadforce test and got back to me today, saying that all 4 of my tires had flat spots!! They mentioned something about storage, but I've only had the car for a week. They have offered to replace all 4 tires. Who would've thought, a brand new car has all 4 tires malfunctioning.....

Glad it all worked out. and that the dealer is getting you new tires. BUT this thread should be read and thought of a recommendation to all that if you sense something isn't right, be persistent until all avenues are exhausted. Don't simply accept a problem - even a small one as normal and acceptable. There usually is an answer - deep down under the layers. This also shows how helpful this forum is with sharing ideas, thoughts and helpful information.

And here is a thought of my own. Is there any way your dealer can get you different tires than the OEM's - even if there would be an up-charge? IMHO, getting a better set of tires - say Michelin Sport's - is about the best improvement in handling and safety you can do for your car. Do a search here and in the B9 Allroad area.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
Glad it all worked out. and that the dealer is getting you new tires. BUT this thread should be read and thought of a recommendation to all that if you sense something isn't right, be persistent until all avenues are exhausted. Don't simply accept a problem - even a small one as normal and acceptable. There usually is an answer - deep down under the layers. This also shows how helpful this forum is with sharing ideas, thoughts and helpful information.

And here is a thought of my own. Is there any way your dealer can get you different tires than the OEM's - even if there would be an up-charge? IMHO, getting a better set of tires - say Michelin Sport's - is about the best improvement in handling and safety you can do for your car. Do a search here and in the B9 Allroad area.
Thanks for suggestion I am still trying to figure out if the issue is resolved or not. I have read around the forum and noticed that they've had it good for a week, only for it to resurface afterwards. But, so far, so good
Old 01-31-2018, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for suggestion I am still trying to figure out if the issue is resolved or not. I have read around the forum and noticed that they've had it good for a week, only for it to resurface afterwards. But, so far, so good
When you do feel the seat "vibrates", try to run the car on relative new paved highway road. If you don't feel that any more, then that's the nature of the car/tire + our deteriorating coarse highway surface. I do notice somewhat minor vibration in winter time compare to summer time (Just to be clear I compared under same tire pressure psi).