A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Adaptive Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adaptive Headlights

Hello everyone! New to Audi and I am planning to get an 18' Audi A4 prestige. Just went for a test drive and was quite happy with the ride. There was one question my dealer couldn't answer and that was about adaptive headlights. AudiUSA says that the LED lights are auto leveling but make no mention about if they can turn based on the steering and direction the car is going. So, does the prestige trim have it or not?
Thanks
Old 09-09-2017, 05:24 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by LegendaryATM
Hello everyone! New to Audi and I am planning to get an 18' Audi A4 prestige. Just went for a test drive and was quite happy with the ride. There was one question my dealer couldn't answer and that was about adaptive headlights. AudiUSA says that the LED lights are auto leveling but make no mention about if they can turn based on the steering and direction the car is going. So, does the prestige trim have it or not?
Thanks
Don't think so. There are the all-weather lights too, but... don't think those turn either.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an '18 Prestige and the headlights do not turn. I believe they have an element that adjusts the beams when turning. My other half had a BMW and a Lincoln that both had turning headlights and it was obvious. Others may be better equipped to chime in, I do mostly city/highway driving and haven't even used the high beams yet.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

No they don't turn. When you're going slowly and either turn pretty sharply or use the turn signal, the fog light on that particular side illuminates.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

There was one question my dealer couldn't answer and that was about adaptive headlights.
Wow it's scary to think your dealer doesn't know the answer to such a rudimentary questions.... The answer is no. I'd be wary of any other important things you are taking your dealers word on if that can't even answer a simply product feature question....
Old 09-10-2017, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 87 Posts

Thanks
Not sure Which country market you are. For US market, the LED headlights will not physically turn. However, each side of the all weather light will light up to the direction you turn into thus illuminating that direction (left or right, when the road is bend enough requires a substantial steeling wheel adjustment). The end effect is somewhat like headlight turnning. I love that feature.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by minmet
Not sure Which country market you are. For US market, the LED headlights will not physically turn. However, each side of the all weather light will light up to the direction you turn into thus illuminating that direction (left or right, when the road is bend enough requires a substantial steeling wheel adjustment). The end effect is somewhat like headlight turnning. I love that feature.
Thanks for clarifying, I thought something was there to illuminate for turns but wasn't sure what and how it worked.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by minmet
However, each side of the all weather light will light up to the direction you turn into thus illuminating that direction (left or right, when the road is bend enough requires a substantial steeling wheel adjustment). The end effect is somewhat like headlight turnning. I love that feature.
In addition to that I suppose that "All weather" lights button still works. Can you confirm it?

I mean, European models only have "All weather" lights function. No cornering light effect (only available with Matrix LED), thus it's possible to code cornering lights IN EXCHANGE FOR button function. I coded the cornering function but now I can't activate both "all weather" lights as fog lights. Maybe we can fix this issue checking original coding for US vehicles.

Regards,

Pato
Old 09-10-2017, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PatoAparato
In addition to that I suppose that "All weather" lights button still works. Can you confirm it?
Yes, on US models the All Weather Lights button will illuminate both, and they are also used individually as cornering lamps.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mike60564
Yes, on US models the All Weather Lights button will illuminate both, and they are also used individually as cornering lamps.
Thanks! Good news.
​​​​​​Can someone with OBDELEVEN post these parameters' values?

09 stg

Fog light configuration:
Static cornering light via foglightpin

Skl config:
Turn light r48

Skl outputs:
Skl via bcm

Thanks!

P.

Quick Reply: Adaptive Headlights