A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Amazing Heat!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 03:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amazing Heat!

Just wanted to comment on how great and fast this car heats up. I almost cant believe it. This is my first new car in probably 15 years so that may have something to do with it but it "blows" me away. Even on days like yesterday when it was -20c there is heat in the cabin in under 2 minutes probably. Flip on the heated seats and steering wheel and im warm in a few minutes. Awesome.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with you on this. I hate being cold and having a heated steering wheel and heated seats is one of my top must haves in a car. Nothing like trying to keep your hand on the wheel when it's cold.

On another note congrats on the car, that is quite the upgrade from 15 years ago :-)
Old 03-16-2017, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

He he. I just realised that my Audi A7 steering wheel heats up faster than my A4. The the BMW X3 wheel becomes toast in less than a minute. One of the best heated steering wheels I've experienced is in my X3. Time to increase the steering wheel temp I guess.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

For both seats and steering wheel I've found that I have to turn off the heat as soon as I start to feel it (just a minute or two). Since it takes the heat a bit of time to reach the surface it seems to keep getting warmer for a while after I turn it off and can be a bit more than I like.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that goes for me too Sprior. I turn off seats and wheel before it reaches full temp or else its almost too warm for me. 1st world problem i guess.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 388 Likes on 349 Posts

Some of the newer cars have supplemental heaters. If so, heat in the cabin is almost instantaneous.
Old 03-17-2017, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

These are honestly the hottest seats I have ever sat in. To the point where I think something is legitimately going to catch fire. I love it though. I have noticed that this is also the first Audi that doesnt go down one place after 10 minutes. In my old S6 I would have it on the highest setting and then after 10 minutes it would go down to 2. This one stays on 3 for hours!

I was in my friends Polestar V60 the other day with the seats on high heat and I felt nothing. I asked him if they were working and was like you dont feel it? I guess my butt has been burned and jaded that nothing will be as warm.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I have observed that when the cabin reaches desired temperature, the seats on mid setting and the steering heat will lower in intensity.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by yvantheterrible
I have observed that when the cabin reaches desired temperature, the seats on mid setting and the steering heat will lower in intensity.
I guess it only happens if the settings are on mid? Like HyperS4 said, I've never seen it go down even after a long while but in my A7, it does go down one notch automatically after sometime.
And I still maintain. My X3 is undoubtedly hotter than my A4. I've never been in a car where the seats and steering become so warm I'd have to switch it off because I don't want the leather to burn. My A7 also has a better steering and seat warmer (not as good as the X3 but still good). I keep forgetting to bump up the temp via OBDeleven in my A4.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Some of the newer cars have supplemental heaters. If so, heat in the cabin is almost instantaneous.
So the A4 does have an axillary heater?

Quick Reply: Amazing Heat!