A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Anyone know the difference in option packages?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 09:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know the difference in option packages?

I've been looking at new cars to replace my 2013 S5 which I just sold. (Tears).
I can't afford a new S5 so I'm going a step down and looking at 2018 A4 with Sport package and Sport wheels which really butch up the car.
Audi's web site is really frustrating when I try to build the car. I want to know the difference between the Premium Package and the Prestige. Most sites will tell you what the upper package adds to the former package but this doesn't. It doesn't give me a chance to see what the package offers until I click on it, and then it sends some of the Prestige options into the other interior or exterior standard items which makes it look like it's not in the Prestige. I know that Head up display is added, and street sign but what else?
And do I still get some form of street sign message if I choose the Premium package because my S5 had it with Premium and I wasn't connected to WIFI.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wackit
I've been looking at new cars to replace my 2013 S5 which I just sold. (Tears).
I can't afford a new S5 so I'm going a step down and looking at 2018 A4 with Sport package and Sport wheels which really butch up the car.
Audi's web site is really frustrating when I try to build the car. I want to know the difference between the Premium Package and the Prestige. Most sites will tell you what the upper package adds to the former package but this doesn't. It doesn't give me a chance to see what the package offers until I click on it, and then it sends some of the Prestige options into the other interior or exterior standard items which makes it look like it's not in the Prestige. I know that Head up display is added, and street sign but what else?
And do I still get some form of street sign message if I choose the Premium package because my S5 had it with Premium and I wasn't connected to WIFI.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Which country are you in? For the USA, it lists the difference at the bottom of the model page; for the A4 that's here.

For example Prestige lists:

Everything on Premium Plus and:

Head-up display
Adaptive cruise control with stop and go and Traffic jam assist
MMI® Navigation plus with MMI® touch3
Top view camera system
Audi virtual cockpit
Beyond that you can click on "View all features" to get a much fuller list, although this one isn't a comparison to the next level down.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On the 2018 you also get side acoustic glass and leatherette trim on door panels and console on Prestige US not available on lesser models in addition to the drivers assistance package. The US website does detail changes and also provides documentation on all standard features for each trim level which you can compare.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you, that helps out a lot. I was going right to the build page, and there are no side by side comparisons. I guess you have to view it in the brochure page first, and then click on build. I rushed through it before.
Still not sure if there is a chance of Premium Package might have speed sign detection somewhere other than the non existent head up display.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Marketing for the acoustic glass. That's on all years.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Thank you, that helps out a lot. I was going right to the build page, and there are no side by side comparisons.
The 2017 Allroad brochure I picked up at the dealer had separate pages like the attached for each model.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you, that helps out a lot. I was going right to the build page, and there are no side by side comparisons. I guess you have to view it in the brochure page first, and then click on build. I rushed through it before.
Still not sure if there is a chance of Premium Package might have speed sign detection somewhere other than the non existent head up display.
Traffic sign recognition information is also shown on the VC, below the speedometer. There is no information that is exclusively shown on the HUD; everything shown on the HUD is duplicated somewhere on the VC.

If you are on the Traffic Sign Recognition page of the Driver Information tab, it will also show things like no passing zone signs.

To enable Traffic Sign Recognition without the Drivers Assistance Package though (only available on the Prestige, I believe) you will need something like OBD11.
Old 08-19-2017, 04:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you.I don't know what OBD11 is because I'm new to the site, but I'm assuming that its a software update. If what you are saying that I can get Traffic sign readings than I'm for it as long as it does't void my warranty. I have since bought a new 18 with Black optics package, Premium package, and I DO get a speed sign only on the screen that pops up from the dash but that screen has to be on Nav. which I don't want to display there, I would rather it be in the VC. By the way, this speed sign reading I have on the pop up seems to be 5 mph off a lot.
Old 08-19-2017, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you.I don't know what OBD11 is because I'm new to the site, but I'm assuming that its a software update. If what you are saying that I can get Traffic sign readings than I'm for it as long as it does't void my warranty. I have since bought a new 18 with Black optics package, Premium package, and I DO get a speed sign only on the screen that pops up from the dash but that screen has to be on Nav. which I don't want to display there, I would rather it be in the VC. By the way, this speed sign reading I have on the pop up seems to be 5 mph off a lot.
It is a third party software and hardware package that can reconfigure the electronics in the car. Google OBDeleven to find it.