A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Audi Connect in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Connect in Canada

Hi,

FINALLY, Audi Connect is available in Canada. It is now an option on the A4.
I ordered my car three months ago, and were told that I can't add it at this stage. It has to be installed at the factory. It's a bit water down compared to what other countries' versions can do, still I would definitely have ordered it, had it been available when I placed my order.

Here is what it can do:

• SOS Call – In the event of a severe accident, the vehicle will automatically contact a designated service provider to dispatch emergency help to the location. There is also the option to manually press the SOS button in the overhead console in case of emergency.
• Stolen Vehicle Locator – In the event of a vehicle theft, customers can call the Audi stolen vehicle phone number after filing a police report. The call centre will attempt to pinpoint the location of a vehicle, and share that location with law enforcement.
• Online Roadside Assistance – pressing the “wrench” (Roadside Assistance) button in the overhead console connects the driver to a dedicated roadside service provider who can dispatch a service vehicle for assistance.
• Audi Service Request – When a customer registers themselves as an Audi connect user, they can opt in to receive Audi Service Requests and choose a preferred service partner. This service partner will automatically receive service interval leads from the customers’ vehicle, allowing them to proactively reach out to the customer to arrange a service appointment.
• Curfew Alert – With an active Curfew Alert, a Key User can receive a push notification or email notification if the vehicle moves outside of the customized time period.
• Geofencing – A Key User can set a diameter that they want the vehicle to stay within or avoid. They can then receive a push notification or email notification when this boundary is passed.
• Parking Position – Based on the last time the engine was turned off, the vehicle location is saved and can be accessed through the MMIฎ connect App.
• Remote Lock/Unlock – An owner can Lock or Unlock their vehicle from nearly anywhere using the MMIฎ connect App.
• Speed Alert – With an active Speed Alert, a Key User can receive a push notification or email notification when the customized maximum speed is exceeded.
• Valet Alert – When using a valet service, a maximum distance and speed can be set. Should the limits be exceeded, an owner can be alerted through a push notification or email notification.
• Vehicle Status Reports – Allows an owner to receive key vehicle statuses and performance measures including: the status of doors, windows, lights, fuel level, and other key status indicators.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by YVince
Hi,

FINALLY, Audi Connect is available in Canada. It is now an option on the A4.
I ordered my car three months ago, and were told that I can't add it at this stage. It has to be installed at the factory. It's a bit water down compared to what other countries' versions can do, still I would definitely have ordered it, had it been available when I placed my order.

Here is what it can do:

• SOS Call – In the event of a severe accident, the vehicle will automatically contact a designated service provider to dispatch emergency help to the location. There is also the option to manually press the SOS button in the overhead console in case of emergency.
• Stolen Vehicle Locator – In the event of a vehicle theft, customers can call the Audi stolen vehicle phone number after filing a police report. The call centre will attempt to pinpoint the location of a vehicle, and share that location with law enforcement.
• Online Roadside Assistance – pressing the “wrench” (Roadside Assistance) button in the overhead console connects the driver to a dedicated roadside service provider who can dispatch a service vehicle for assistance.
• Audi Service Request – When a customer registers themselves as an Audi connect user, they can opt in to receive Audi Service Requests and choose a preferred service partner. This service partner will automatically receive service interval leads from the customers’ vehicle, allowing them to proactively reach out to the customer to arrange a service appointment.
• Curfew Alert – With an active Curfew Alert, a Key User can receive a push notification or email notification if the vehicle moves outside of the customized time period.
• Geofencing – A Key User can set a diameter that they want the vehicle to stay within or avoid. They can then receive a push notification or email notification when this boundary is passed.
• Parking Position – Based on the last time the engine was turned off, the vehicle location is saved and can be accessed through the MMIฎ connect App.
• Remote Lock/Unlock – An owner can Lock or Unlock their vehicle from nearly anywhere using the MMIฎ connect App.
• Speed Alert – With an active Speed Alert, a Key User can receive a push notification or email notification when the customized maximum speed is exceeded.
• Valet Alert – When using a valet service, a maximum distance and speed can be set. Should the limits be exceeded, an owner can be alerted through a push notification or email notification.
• Vehicle Status Reports – Allows an owner to receive key vehicle statuses and performance measures including: the status of doors, windows, lights, fuel level, and other key status indicators.
Finally is right. That's great news. Too bad remote start is not on the list. That would come in handy in most of Canada from December through March.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

How will it be implemented? Do you need to add a SIM? What's the cost?
Old 08-13-2016, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

According to afretes in REDFLAGDEALS.com, it is only available in 2017 A4 and Q7's that have the Audi Connect (SIM card slot) option. Cars without this option cannot be retrofitted. This includes previous and current model year vehicles.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:10 AM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Would this include the funky google mapping features the US market cars get?
Old 08-13-2016, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by yvantheterrible
How will it be implemented? Do you need to add a SIM? What's the cost?
The option is $520 in Canada. ... plus monthly subscription fees.
Old 08-13-2016, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mvf76
Finally is right. That's great news. Too bad remote start is not on the list. That would come in handy in most of Canada from December through March.
I agree, was offered a remote starter by my dealer for $1,250 plus extra FOB. Am still thinking about it, anyone else had this installed?
Old 08-13-2016, 04:03 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by yvantheterrible
I agree, was offered a remote starter by my dealer for $1,250 plus extra FOB. Am still thinking about it, anyone else had this installed?
Is this an aftermarket system? I would be very hesitant to hack up the electrical system on a modern car to add remote start...
Old 08-14-2016, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Is this verified? I can't get any confirmation that it is available in Canada. How did you find this out. There is nothing on Audi Canada's website about it...
Old 08-14-2016, 08:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ryze
Is this verified? I can't get any confirmation that it is available in Canada. How did you find this out. There is nothing on Audi Canada's website about it...

Ya I can't find this info anywhere and Audi Canada said "if" it comes it should be sometime this fall.

Can you provide the link?

I have a SIM slot so does this mean mines compatible? I got it a month ago.

Quick Reply: Audi Connect in Canada