A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Audi connect connection dropping when car off

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Audi connect connection dropping when car off

I just started using OBDeleven, haven't even changed any settings yet, only scanned, and not sure if it's convenient connected, but my Audi connect connection is dropping when leaving car now. I can no longer get car updates, myaudi app only updates when car is running. I also notice when I start car, I don't see LTE get established until like 30 seconds after starting. Anyone know what issue might be? Also, it's been very cold, under 20F last couple of days, is it possible it's dropping cell to conserve battery?
Old 03-06-2019, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Did you remove your OBD11 once completing whatever you wanted to check? Multiple instances of buggy things have come up for those that have left the device plugged in.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by munsabin
Did you remove your OBD11 once completing whatever you wanted to check? Multiple instances of buggy things have come up for those that have left the device plugged in.
At first I left it in for a couple hours, then I removed it after I heard reports of it killing the battery. Still same behavior though
Old 03-07-2019, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Anyone have this happen to them? Really use that locking feature a bit. Every time I turn on the car, I see it starts with no bars LTE, and eventually connection is established. I tried disabling and renabling the data module, tried to fidn all menus.

Only 2 things I done,
1) Connect OBDeleven and run a scan(diagnostic)
2) Reset phone, and re-paired blue tooth, android auto etc.

Is it worth taking it to the dealer for this, would they even understand? Is it worth doing a factory reset, if it is, any specific module I should reset (instead of it all)?
Old 03-24-2019, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just to provide an update... Called dealer service department, they didn't even want to look at it, transferred me to sales, who also had no clue, told me to reach out to audi connect team. Audi connect opened a case after asking me to send screenshot. This week, I decided to update my maps to 2019 (from 2018/2019), ever since the map update, the connection has been maintained! I can now refresh status, lock unlock etc. It seems possibly map update does more than just updates the maps.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 165 Likes on 93 Posts

I was having issues activating my AConnect and the AConnect office had me do hard a restart (hold the two mode switches down and hold the dial down for 10sec... I think...) and that fixed everything. Doing the update will also hard restart the system. Considering the car is now a more complicated cell phone I'd recommend doing this every couple weeks.
Old 03-27-2019, 12:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Turboale
I was having issues activating my AConnect and the AConnect office had me do hard a restart (hold the two mode switches down and hold the dial down for 10sec... I think...) and that fixed everything. Doing the update will also hard restart the system. Considering the car is now a more complicated cell phone I'd recommend doing this every couple weeks.
Hmm interesting, I thought doing a factory reset (which I did) would hard reset it, but maybe not
Old 03-27-2019, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 165 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by dmbtech
Hmm interesting, I thought doing a factory reset (which I did) would hard reset it, but maybe not
Ah, probably did... Glad the update fixed it! That would be quite annoying....