A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Audi Connect question

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 11:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,069 Likes on 743 Posts

Originally Posted by BrookeA4
I love searching and sending addresses to my car from my connect app, but I find the process to be really clunky (can't even go from the navigation app, have to go through the audi connect function, click on my name, go to import destinations, then click). Is there an easier / faster way to do this? Thanks!
You can send a destination from any app that can share a location directly to the car. At least on iOS, Apple Maps, Google Maps, Yelp all work. I've explained how in an earlier thread.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-.../#post24830275

On the car side, you don't need to import. Just pull up the destination and click on the navigation destination to start navigation.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=superswiss;24851621]You can send a destination from any app that can share a location directly to the car. At least on iOS, Apple Maps, Google Maps, Yelp all work. I've explained how in an earlier thread.

On the car side, you don't need to import. Just pull up the destination and click on the navigation destination to start navigation.[/QUOTE

At the risk of sounding dense - can you describe exactly how you "pull up the destination" in your car without having to go Audi connect / import destinations / find the destination and select. I feel like there has to be a way to do this from the nav menu. Or should I be sending the address while I'm sitting in the car?
Old 08-29-2016, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

If there is an "import destinations" selection in the B9 menu, it must be a rename of the former "find destination from myAudi account". Yes, that's the only way to navigate to a destination entered from an outside source sent to the car.

Destinations>Online Destinations>import destination (or find destination from myAudi account)>select destination>navigate to destination.

To find an online destination directly from the car:
Destinations>Online Destinations>enter the name>select an item>navigate to destination

If I'm counting correctly, that's same amount of steps as from myAudi or other outside sourced destination (and maybe takes more time since you have to enter the destination live in the car). Not really different. Unless you use voice command which could make the in car sourced online destination search faster. (I don't believe voice command will work all the way through with selecting a send to car item).

Last edited by snagitseven; 08-29-2016 at 05:52 AM.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,069 Likes on 743 Posts

[QUOTE=BrookeA4;24851674]
Originally Posted by superswiss
You can send a destination from any app that can share a location directly to the car. At least on iOS, Apple Maps, Google Maps, Yelp all work. I've explained how in an earlier thread.

On the car side, you don't need to import. Just pull up the destination and click on the navigation destination to start navigation.[/QUOTE

At the risk of sounding dense - can you describe exactly how you "pull up the destination" in your car without having to go Audi connect / import destinations / find the destination and select. I feel like there has to be a way to do this from the nav menu. Or should I be sending the address while I'm sitting in the car?
I don't have a lot of experience yet with the new system in the B9. Import is a separate function in the older system that imports all the destinations from myAudi into the MMI's storage. This operation can be performed repeatedly and it only adds the once that aren't in the MMI yet. Then there's a separate function where you can just pull up all the destinations you have sent and select an individual one without importing it first. Looking at the steps in the owner's manual, that's still there in the B9. It's just accessed differently.
Attached Images   

Last edited by superswiss; 08-29-2016 at 07:52 AM.