A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Beeping when opening doors

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Beeping when opening doors

I just washed my car and there is a beeping sound coming from the motor area about every 5 to 10 seconds for a few times everytime I would open a door! Sometimes, I would also hear the fuel pump priming when I would open a door, but most of the time it is the beeping sound. I opened the hood to fill the window washing fluid an again that beeping sound. Just curious as what it might be since I have been hearing that sound since I bought the car...
Old 12-29-2017, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Freak
I just washed my car and there is a beeping sound coming from the motor area about every 5 to 10 seconds for a few times everytime I would open a door! Sometimes, I would also hear the fuel pump priming when I would open a door, but most of the time it is the beeping sound. I opened the hood to fill the window washing fluid an again that beeping sound. Just curious as what it might be since I have been hearing that sound since I bought the car...
Don't know about the "beeping", but I have noticed "whirring" sounds like servo motors turning on and off several times after shutting the doors. When I shut the driver's door, the interior control and accent lights don't all simultaneously and immediately shut off, but rather shut off in stages with different sets of lights shutting down in sequence, which is kind of a cool effect. Also, the "whirring" sounds seem to coincide with the various interior light shut-off stages. Noticed that the "whirring" sound is coming from under the hood but wasn't able to localize the sound beyond that.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The whirring sound is kind of loud in a garage. My guess is it's the fan continuing to cool the turbo after engine off.

I hear the beeping sound as well, very high pitched. Having owned VAG products on the past they all seem to make electronic noises that are totally normal so I don't worry.

I think the interior lights on my 2017 Prestige, though, all fade out at once, at least when I close the door and lock the car which is always. I like the idea of that being staged.