A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Discussion: Flashing Firmwares to your A4

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Depending on when your car was made, you should have atleast 6 updates, one every 6 months. So it's worth checking if you atleast have as many as your car was allowed. The real challenge will be finding someone who has saved the older map packages and is willing to share them. It's not illegal to share the map package, a lot of people think it is.
As for resetting the map counter, I think it's not an offline setting. I remember someone saying that a setting is required on both the car and the Audi servers. Something like a new digital key getting created for your car and then stored on it to allow further map updates.
I see my car is manufactured in 03/2017, and I don't have Audi Connect. I do have an external sim though. When I try to update the map, it detects there is an update (2019/2020) but the update just get stuck at 1% with 0 download speed (0/kbps). I think that's because I don't have Audi Connect. I even tried connecting my car to my home WiFi, still 0 kbps lol. The OCD in me though just want the latest softwares in the car, even though I use CarPlay 99% of the time. But yeah when I find a map update, I'll share it here, unless the source specifically told me not to.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 734 Likes on 511 Posts

Since you have updated your MMI firmware, you might want to check any Adaptation changes that you had made before the update. I've only just noticed that a lot of my Adaptation changed made manually via VCDS were lost when the dealer upgraded my MMI software.
Old 10-06-2020, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Since you have updated your MMI firmware, you might want to check any Adaptation changes that you had made before the update. I've only just noticed that a lot of my Adaptation changed made manually via VCDS were lost when the dealer upgraded my MMI software.
The only Adaptations I have made to date is the external sim. So far my external SIM work just fine. Maybe the dealership could've done a reset after they update your MMI?
Old 10-06-2020, 11:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It just seems like all the Adaptations were reset but none of the Coding changes that I had made. And I only noticed it because my Active Lane Assist menu wasn't in the MMI and my Joker button configuration page was visible again even though I had hidden it, as part of my Heated Steering wheel retrofit. (the Heated wheel doesn't have the configurable button that Audi call Joker)
Old 10-07-2020, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

It just seems like all the Adaptations were reset but none of the Coding changes that I had made. And I only noticed it because my Active Lane Assist menu wasn't in the MMI and my Joker button configuration page was visible again even though I had hidden it, as part of my Heated Steering wheel retrofit. (the Heated wheel doesn't have the configurable button that Audi call Joker)
Yeah I can't say for sure if it did anything to my Adaptions since I only made one change. Either way, it's probably a good idea for one to check it regardless.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

This is where the VCDS is invaluable. You just keep all your changes listed and then it applies everything in order when needed.
The following users liked this post:
Clixt (10-08-2020)
Old 10-14-2020, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 134 Likes on 107 Posts

Has anyone installed a version higher than 1316?
Old 10-14-2020, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Hunter2017
Has anyone installed a version higher than 1316?
I haven't tried. If Wikipedia is to be believed, 1422 is actually older? 1439 that @blue_pond posted may or may not be the latest. I'm not sure.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I have posted fw 1439 here

I'm not sure if it can be flashed to any hardware, but as far as I know, the car won't let you flash an incompatible firmware, so theoretically it is safe to try.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 134 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by blue_pond
I have posted fw 1439 here

I'm not sure if it can be flashed to any hardware, but as far as I know, the car won't let you flash an incompatible firmware, so theoretically it is safe to try.
Thanks for posting the link, I'll try installing it later this week when I have some free time. Do you know what mmi hardware version you have and what the build date of your car is?

Quick Reply: Discussion: Flashing Firmwares to your A4