A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Feedback on Integrated Engineering Tune?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Feedback on Integrated Engineering Tune?

Does anyone have this tune and can give some recent feedback...I have searched the forums but there is not much recent feedback.

Thanks!
Old 01-16-2021, 09:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My cars warranty just ran out plus black friday sale at IE tuning = very happy customer.

Due to warranty fears, I used to run a Neuspeed Power Module and was very happy with the performance gain from it. I used to think that the ECU tuning was maybe just a slight step up from the NSPM but I was wrong. I felt more of a difference going from my NSPM to IE stage 1 tune than I felt from stock to the NSPM!

As a strange side effect, I think the tune might have cured my inconsistent "Auto start/stop malfunction" as I don't think I've gotten that warning since I did the tune.

P.s. I think most the tunes are close in performance. I was going to do Unitronic but IE was slightly cheaper and I'm very very happy with my purchase.

Old 01-16-2021, 09:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 134 Likes on 107 Posts

I just got the apr tune installed yesterday and it's been amazing sofar. The car has an insane amount of torque now.
Old 01-17-2021, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hipendicular
My cars warranty just ran out plus black friday sale at IE tuning = very happy customer.

Due to warranty fears, I used to run a Neuspeed Power Module and was very happy with the performance gain from it. I used to think that the ECU tuning was maybe just a slight step up from the NSPM but I was wrong. I felt more of a difference going from my NSPM to IE stage 1 tune than I felt from stock to the NSPM!

As a strange side effect, I think the tune might have cured my inconsistent "Auto start/stop malfunction" as I don't think I've gotten that warning since I did the tune.

P.s. I think most the tunes are close in performance. I was going to do Unitronic but IE was slightly cheaper and I'm very very happy with my purchase.
What other mods do you have along with the tune?
Old 01-17-2021, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a Rev9 intercooler, drop in K&N filter and the ECS turbo to air box hose. Before the IE stage 1 tune, I was able to run a best of 13.5 in the 1/4 mile. I haven't run it with the tune but I'm expecting a good gain. Maybe low 13s?

Other side note, after I did my tune, I put the NSPM on my wifes Q5. I just saw today the "Auto start/stop malfunction" error. Its been gone from my car and now followed it to her car, so it has to be something with that power module. The error goes away if you re-start the car and it goes back to normal.
The following users liked this post:
itsPat (01-18-2021)
Old 01-17-2021, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I went to with the IE tune a few months ago and the power gains are noticeable. The car is stock with no other mods, but the mid range pull is really were it shines. The main reason I went to the IE instead of the APR is the fact that I can do it in my garage instead of taking it to a shop. Sometimes shops charge their own labor rate to flash the APR tune.
When I did research between the two, I realized that there was not going to be much of a difference in the power gains, especially since the car is stock.
Old 01-18-2021, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by elhalisf
The main reason I went to the IE instead of the APR is the fact that I can do it in my garage instead of taking it to a shop. Sometimes shops charge their own labor rate to flash the APR tune.
This is the exact reason I am considering it too. I was going to get one of those plug and play chip tunes but am considering the IE as I can do it myself and seems like people generally prefer to have the ECU actually flashed rather than a plug and play chip.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 134 Likes on 107 Posts

I paid no labor fees for my apr tune. Whole process was super easy.
The following users liked this post:
Dan Anton (04-03-2021)
Old 01-18-2021, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 87 Posts

I think the IE tune can also be changed by user any time with the stage 1 such as 91 Octane vs 93 Octane or reverse to stock which is kind convenient. Mines just went out of warranty so I am looking at this type of tune as well. If Stage 1 with stock hardware works without making obvious trouble to the transmission or throwing CEL, I'd like to get it.

Last edited by minmet; 01-18-2021 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by minmet
I think the IE tune can also be changed by user any time with the stage 1 such as 91 Octane vs 93 Octane or reverse to stock which is kind convenient. Mines just went out of warranty so I am looking at this type of tune as well. If Stage 1 with stock hardware works without making obvious trouble to the transmission or throwing CEL, I'd like to get it.
Looks like they do let you have that level of control:

"Required to flash your tune, The IE POWERlink cable gives you control to unlock your engine’s true potential from your own garage or driveway. Quickly reflash your B9 Audi with your choice of ECU Stage through the cars OBD-II port. Upgrade tune stages to match installed hardware, take advantage of different fuel octanes, flash to stock, perform engine diagnostics, read/clear codes and gather high-quality operating data via data-logging."

https://performancebyie.com/collecti...mance-ecu-tune

Quick Reply: Feedback on Integrated Engineering Tune?