A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

First Impressions after 24h

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 01:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Prestige Package related questions:
- How is the HUD ? Useful and providing a lot of relevant info in front of your eyes?
- although we're both waiting on Chicago weather to finally warm up, have you been able to see if the seats are cooling you down more than the A6?

Thanks,
Brian
Old 04-13-2016, 01:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

I love the HUD even though for me it only shows speed and traffic signs most of the time. Navigation is there and ACC/Lane assist. And the efficiency assist that tells you to get off the gas if it know you have to slow down soon. But having speed right in front of you, some car data (oil temp and average mpg) in the VC and Google Earth on the MMI screen is a nice combination.

The weekend is supposed to get above 70F and if so I will see if anything has changed with the ventilated seats.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 113 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
It's true, ACC has now two positions on the lever, the first for 1mph increments and the second for 5mph, nice feature once you get used to it.
Actually all of the cruise control systems now do that, not just ACC.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

That's what I meant with stop and go, it follows the car in front of you and slows down/stops/accelerates on its own, kinda works but I wouldn't rely on it. Also, one has to keep steering, taking the hands of the wheel for too long makes the car go crazy. I think I could get used to it over time if I would be in traffic every day but for casual use it's less exhausting to drive yourselves.
Yes, unlike just lane assist, this is also using the ultrasonic sensors as well as the camera and radars to follow the other cars and keep you in your lane. This will work up to 40mph when it then will transition to only lane asssit/ACC.

You can go for about 17 seconds with your hands off the wheel before getting that warning. However, remember it is an assist only and not piloted driving, so it is really there to help alleviate stress in traffic, not to drive for you.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm confused on one point. In your signature, you state "Sport." But the car doesn't appear to have the sport package and you discussed the wheel gap not bothering you. Can you clarify if this has the sport package or not?
Thanks for all your info! Very helpful.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I do have the Sport Package (required for the black headliner) but I also got Adaptive Damping Suspension (-10mm) which removes the Sport Suspension (-23mm) otherwise included in the Sport Package. I would have loved to see the car being lowered 23mm but it looks ok for now being only 10mm lower.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do have the Sport Package (required for the black headliner) but I also got Adaptive Damping Suspension (-10mm) which removes the Sport Suspension (-23mm) otherwise included in the Sport Package. I would have loved to see the car being lowered 23mm but it looks ok for now being only 10mm lower.
FYI, according to the order guide you can get black headliner with the Beige/Black, Gray/Black, and Brown/Black interior combination. The only way to get black headliner with black seats though is the sport package.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

What country? When I ordered my car in January the US order guide did not list the black headliner as available without the sport package. The online configurator doesn't show an option to get it without sport either. Didn't matter for me because I wanted the back seats also.
Old 04-15-2016, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

What country? When I ordered my car in January the US order guide did not list the black headliner as available without the sport package. The online configurator doesn't show an option to get it without sport either. Didn't matter for me because I wanted the back seats also.
A couple of the interior colors force a black headliner. But if you want black seats with black headliner, then you need the sport package. That's still the only way to get it.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,070 Likes on 744 Posts

Congrats. Thought I'll add on to it. My RS5 is in for service today and they gave me a brand spanking new A4 P+ with Technology Package. I'm the first customer to take it out as a loaner. Virtual Cockpit is great. I love it! I totally agree with you on the MMI. It's a lot faster, the display resolution is amazing. Google Earth maps are super sharp etc., but I also find it less intuitive than the quadrant approach of the older system. I had the hardest time finding the settings for the Nav and turn on Google Earth maps. I'm sure over time we just have to relearn, but it does feel more cumbersome to get to the menus to change settings. Not necessarily an improvement over the old system.

I wish this car had ACC, I really wanted to try the Traffic Jam Assist. The car drives really nice. I was impressed I must say. Very tight and responsive steering. Not something I'm used to from an A4. This one doesn't even have the sport suspension.

I'm secretly hoping that my car won't be ready today, so I get to play with this one over the weekend :-). I want to try Car Play.

On the whole Connect Prime, Plus stuff as we discussed already on other threads, it is definitely a nickle and dime situation right now. It has become clear to me after looking at the window sticker, that Prime and Plus are not mutually exclusive. The hotspot is completely separate and to use it, it requires a Connect Plus subscription and if in addition you also want to use Audi Connect, then you also need the Connect Prime subscription. The car comes with a 6 months complimentary Prime and a 6 months complimentary Plus subscription.

Quick Reply: First Impressions after 24h