A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Girlfriend connected to my car's bluetooth. Now she receives parking notifications

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 06:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Girlfriend connected to my car's bluetooth. Now she receives parking notifications

Now she receives notifications telling her when and where I parked. How do I disable this feature?
Old 01-09-2017, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Park at the other girlfriend's house - the problem will fix itself.
Old 01-09-2017, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by WallyAnderson
Now she receives notifications telling her when and where I parked. How do I disable this feature?
Try deleting her Bluetooth profile in the MMI>Tel settings.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Why would this have anything to do with Bluetooth?

Seems more like an Audi Connect key/authorized user configuration issue.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,069 Likes on 743 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike60564
Why would this have anything to do with Bluetooth?

Seems more like an Audi Connect key/authorized user configuration issue.
I was wondering the same thing. My understanding is the parking position feature requires the MMI connect app to be on the phone and the phone must be connected to the car's Wifi network for it to automatically recognize when you park. Bluetooth can play a role in the sense that it is used as an indicator that you parked. For example since iOS 10, Apple Maps automatically remembers where you parked your car. It basically detects when you are in your car by the presence of the Handsfree Bluetooth connection and then when the connection drops it assumes that you parked and stores the current position. It's also smart enough to recognize if you parked the car at home and then it doesn't store the position.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

I don't believe it's an authorized user configuration issue. Reason is because, my mother in law gets parking notifications for my A7 (I haven't set an authorized user in the A7 yet!) when she connects to the Bluetooth even though she isn't the authorized user!!! Idk how to change it but it doesn't affect me or her since I'm a good boy
But again. I'm the authorised user in my A4 and I don't get a notification or anything!!
Old 01-09-2017, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Are you sure these notifications don't come from the phone itself such as Apple Maps? I believe Google Maps on Android also remembers one's parking position and may put up a notification when it does so. As said above, my iPhone automatically remembers my parking position via the Bluetooth connection and shows it on the map. Once in a while it throws up a notification letting me know that it did so. Not sure why the notification is not consistent, but point is this is becoming a standard feature of today's smartphones independent of the car. All it needs is the presence of a handsfree Bluetooth connection. It's a feature of the phone, not the car.

Last edited by superswiss; 01-09-2017 at 10:30 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

My mother in law tells me she get it sometimes. I didn't bother to check out the details as to whether it was from the car or from google or apple (she uses an iPhone, doesn't use nav on the phone, phone connects to the mmi via Bluetooth when she takes it out). But I'm guessing it is the car since she said Audi. But not sure. I'll ask her when I see her next.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
My mother in law tells me she get it sometimes. I didn't bother to check out the details as to whether it was from the car or from google or apple (she uses an iPhone, doesn't use nav on the phone, phone connects to the mmi via Bluetooth when she takes it out). But I'm guessing it is the car since she said Audi. But not sure. I'll ask her when I see her next.
Yeah, that's Apple Maps on her phone. It works automatically in the background but can be turned off in the settings. It says Audi, because the Bluetooth connection is named "Audi MMI xxxx".
Attached Thumbnails Girlfriend connected to my car's bluetooth. Now she receives parking notifications-file.jpeg  

Last edited by superswiss; 01-09-2017 at 10:42 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So how do I turn if off without getting on her phone and turning it off? There's got to be a setting in the car somewhere, right? You know, privacy and stuff. She is receiving these notifications even though she lives 30 miles away from me.

Quick Reply: Girlfriend connected to my car's bluetooth. Now she receives parking notifications