A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Glitchy Audio (bluetooth)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glitchy Audio (bluetooth)

Just recently got my 2017 A4 ultra premium plus last week. I've been having some issues regarding the bluetooth player on my samsung s6 phone when using spotify. Has anyone else experienced songs lagging or spiking when connected? It's been bothering me as of late and not sure if i should take it in for a service. Any advice will help!
Old 06-26-2017, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I have noticed it on both spotify and pandora at times. However, this is through my pixel xl phone. Although, I could blame it on the fact Im running "O" beta and half the **** isnt working right. When I play pandora through my iphone7 I dont have any issues. I dont have spotify on that phone though to try.

Are you running stock or have you modified the ROM at all?
Old 06-26-2017, 08:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Yes. Bluetooth is glitchy at times. It skips a bit often when I start playing a song right after I connect my phone. But after one or two skips, it works fine. No issues with Bluetooth in my X3 using the same phone and music!
Old 06-26-2017, 08:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Why not use Android auto? May be better and worth a try for Spotify. It's ace.
Old 06-26-2017, 09:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by HyperS4
Welcome to the forum. I have noticed it on both spotify and pandora at times. However, this is through my pixel xl phone. Although, I could blame it on the fact Im running "O" beta and half the **** isnt working right. When I play pandora through my iphone7 I dont have any issues. I dont have spotify on that phone though to try.

Are you running stock or have you modified the ROM at all?
currently running stock!
Old 06-27-2017, 08:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My bluetooth was really glitchy. Skipping very often. When using both iphone and android.

Took it in to service dept and they acknowledged something was wrong to my surprise lol.

Can't remember exactly what they did at the moment. But I wanna say they reloaded or replaced something with the software. I'll verify for sure what they did when I get home. But I notice an improvement.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jimmyja4
My bluetooth was really glitchy. Skipping very often. When using both iphone and android.

Took it in to service dept and they acknowledged something was wrong to my surprise lol.

Can't remember exactly what they did at the moment. But I wanna say they reloaded or replaced something with the software. I'll verify for sure what they did when I get home. But I notice an improvement.
I guess it's a problem that the service department has already confronted multiple times? Helps a lot to know that they have fixed sometihng like this already! Thank you!
Old 06-27-2017, 10:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've noticed this too.

Also, my MX-5 ND does it and while the audio skips I've noticed that it's syncing the phonebook and call history. I suspect it's the same on the A4, the CPU doesn't have enough grunt to do both.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have been having this same issue with my 17 A4 using spotify with my Samsung S8 plus. Drives me CRAZY! I'll mention it to my dealer next time the car is in for service if I can last that long. I thought it might just be spotify or something because I don't get a glitch issue with my regular music going through Bluetooth. I'm not streaming the music through spotify either, it's all played through my library that I've downloaded. I hope there is some sort of fix because I think spotify is great instead of buying your music through iTunes, but this glitchyness is going to make me go insane. EDIT: Tried it on my wife 14 Mini Cooper and it works flawlessly with her car, so it leads me to believe there is an issue with audi's MMI for some reason.

Last edited by Woodsie0520; 03-04-2018 at 07:37 AM.
Old 03-27-2024, 05:34 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi a4 2016 bluetooth glitching

Hey guys i wonder if you could tell me what to do, when i play music from the radio it doesnt glitch at all, but when i connect my phone samsung s20 FE, recently it started to glitch, like this problem began 5 days ago... Im playing music from deezer and i have never had such an issues, i updated my phone software as well... I also think it glitches more when i go over bumps or not so flat road, but again, when i play music from the radio there arent any problems, only when i play the music from my phone with bluetooth...

Quick Reply: Glitchy Audio (bluetooth)