A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Guide: Enable Google Earth/Traffic on Canada spec Audi

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I have Audi connect.. by default they are off.. I actually tried enabling google earth and it worked by turning a crap load of things on but couldn't get my external sim to work and didn't want to hotspot my phone each time so I set it back to its original settings ..

as for audi connect, it's useless here in Canada.. all it really use for is unlock and lock The car

Originally Posted by s_Fanous
Thanks a lot chimcu

Does your car have Audi Connect? None of the expected adaptations (Vehicle configuration-my_audi, Vehicle configuration-remote_hmi, ...) within 5F are on so I'm very confused.

TIA

Last edited by chimcu; 02-04-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think our next logical step is to try to get a full read out of a US spec'd car. We may be missing a setting in central electronic or something similar that actually assignes the sim card switch to activate and we may find the secret to Audi connect.

Last edited by Johannes Schauss; 02-06-2017 at 07:06 AM.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Johannes Schauss
I think our next logical step is to try to get a full read out of a US spec'd car. We may be missing a setting in central electronic or something similar that actually assignes the sim card switch to activate and we may fine the secret to Audi connect.
I agree. Need to find a stock A4 full backup and compare all the differences.

BTW, some of the differences in the 5F module that caught my eye were all those related to ENI

Code:
car_function_adaptations_gen2-menu_display_eni = activated	not activated
car_function_adaptations_gen2-menu_display_eni_over_threshold_high = activated	not activated
car_function_list_bap_gen2-eni_0x37 = activated	not activated
car_function_list_bap_gen2-eni_0x37_msg_bus = databus infotainment	not activated
ENI is sometimes used as an acronym for Embedded Network Interface. Anyways I tried to change these 4 adaptations to match the US ones but ended up with a fault in 5F module and no change that I could see in the MMI. Reverted them back and the fault is gone.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I agree. Need to find a stock A4 full backup and compare all the differences.

BTW, some of the differences in the 5F module that caught my eye were all those related to ENI

Code:
car_function_adaptations_gen2-menu_display_eni = activated not activated
car_function_adaptations_gen2-menu_display_eni_over_threshold_high = activated not activated
car_function_list_bap_gen2-eni_0x37 = activated not activated
car_function_list_bap_gen2-eni_0x37_msg_bus = databus infotainment not activated

ENI is sometimes used as an acronym for Embedded Network Interface. Anyways I tried to change these 4 adaptations to match the US ones but ended up with a fault in 5F module and no change that I could see in the MMI. Reverted them back and the fault is gone.
I have taken the exact same steps as you which lead me to my conclusion that we are either missing corresponding settings in other modules. Or we are are actually physically missing something.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sorry but the external SIM does not work for US Q7 as well from what I was told???? Maybe I am missing a post or something.. I've heard that Australia Q7 , the external sim does work there.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by chimcu
Sorry but the external SIM does not work for US Q7 as well from what I was told???? Maybe I am missing a post or something.. I've heard that Australia Q7 , the external sim does work there.
I'm not sure about the US Q7 but in the US A4 the external SIM card does work after an Adaptation change and as such would assume that the same approach can be used to it work in the US Q7 as well.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

ahhh..
in 5f.. I wonder if we disable this ...? hmmmm wish I had a nano sim to test..

Internal SIM card, use:
automatic

I'm not sure about the US Q7 but in the US A4 the external SIM card does work after an Adaptation change and as such would assume that the same approach can be used to it work in the US Q7 as well.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have a buddy that works at Audi and is a mechanic... he asked for a compete dump of 5f to start with and he will compare with the extract of a q7 for us
Old 02-19-2017, 02:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I just stumbled upon this link.

I am wondering if this technique would work on my 2016 TT. I have a standard SIM card slot in my car - tethering is fine but getting a data SIM to work would be awesome, too.

logan
Old 02-26-2017, 01:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be very interested in getting the google maps to working my 2017 Q7 Technik. I would also prefer for the SIM SLOT to function so this can be done without a Tether on the phone.

I read all the posts and seems that there is no issue getting it to work with tether but getting the SIM card option to work is still not available?

I Don't have the needed software/cables etc to connect to the car, but if someone pointed me to place to acquire those bits to start with that would be great. Not sure exactly what is needed to get started, so please accept my apology in advance if I have missed that information.

Quick Reply: Guide: Enable Google Earth/Traffic on Canada spec Audi