A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

I miss my car... (two days with a Progressiv)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2019, 03:22 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by SNGGA
I didn't get the DAP with my Technik b/c it's like another $2k+ ? For the Technik trim they should really make some of the DAP features standard like the Prestige in the US. At least Presense City...or Lane Departure, HUD would be nice too
We were looking at the Accord 2.0 Touring and it had a lot of the DA features plus HUD and then we saw that it's a package on the A4 lol (yes I know you can't compare Accord to A4)
Just for German cars (at least in Canada), you have to play ball or get nothing
Do Porsche owners feel the same too lol everything has a price
The thing is, the U.S. spec cars all get the cameras that are used for pre-sense city, lane departure, etc. In Canada they only give you that hardware with ADAP on the Technik.

Re: the HUD, in theory, I would have loved to get it, but $1100 was just... unjustifiable. ADAP I got mostly for the pre sense city; frankly, I drive in downtown Toronto, there are mad cyclists, pedestrians, and Uber drivers everywhere doing all kinds of reckless things every day and I think $2200 is cheap to pay if it avoids an accident. (I ended up falling in love with adaptive cruise after I got the car, but that was less a part of the decision) Apparently, I should have gotten the package that repulses SUVs in parking garages instead, as it turns out...

That being said, if you think we get it bad here, go and look at a random European market. They get to pay like 1000 euros for power seats on their A4s...
Old 05-01-2019, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VM
The thing is, the U.S. spec cars all get the cameras that are used for pre-sense city, lane departure, etc. In Canada they only give you that hardware with ADAP on the Technik.

Re: the HUD, in theory, I would have loved to get it, but $1100 was just... unjustifiable. ADAP I got mostly for the pre sense city; frankly, I drive in downtown Toronto, there are mad cyclists, pedestrians, and Uber drivers everywhere doing all kinds of reckless things every day and I think $2200 is cheap to pay if it avoids an accident. (I ended up falling in love with adaptive cruise after I got the car, but that was less a part of the decision) Apparently, I should have gotten the package that repulses SUVs in parking garages instead, as it turns out...

That being said, if you think we get it bad here, go and look at a random European market. They get to pay like 1000 euros for power seats on their A4s...
When I was researching the B9 A4 prior to purchase, I was excited since I can just get OBD11 and activate the lane departure but then realized oh wait Canada doesn't get pre-sense city....I drive mostly uptown/markham/richmond hill and rarely downtown (take ttc to work downtown and uber/lyft) so it's not a must have for me but it would of been nice.
Yea...HUD is really overpriced, I like how BMW (even the x1 gets it....the new Q3 doesn't) has it in their packages but Mercedes and Audi is an add-on (the new A6/7/Q8 comes with it though).

I guess we win some and lose some here in Canada
Old 05-01-2019, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MDAudi
I feel your "pain." It is hard to get into pretty much any other car from our two Audis. The dealer loaners are fine, but they are always models that are at least a step down in trim.

I've got it so bad that I now rent through Silvercar when I can. But even those cars are Premium+, so I definitely miss the extra features we have with the Prestige trim. The ones I miss the very most are the Adaptive Cruise Control and the 360 cameras with top view. And the sound system is clearly not as good.

Audi forced me into the Prestige trim because I couldn't get the Driver Assistance Package without it. Now, I am pretty much hooked on all the nice features...
Yeah I was dead set on having the HUD so by default my only option was a Prestige.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I never wanted HUD because the replacement costs of those windshields are a lot more and apparently calibration is required. Not worth that extra add on and potential costs just to see the speed and stuff.
I have ADAP, and I didn't want it at first but the traffic stop and go is actually incredibly useful and the adaptive cruise control is super awesome; didn't think I'd enjoy using it but it just makes much more sense to have, especially with all the crazy people who overtake in just a few feet away from the car!
Old 05-01-2019, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JDA_yeg
I never wanted HUD because the replacement costs of those windshields are a lot more and apparently calibration is required. Not worth that extra add on and potential costs just to see the speed and stuff.
I have ADAP, and I didn't want it at first but the traffic stop and go is actually incredibly useful and the adaptive cruise control is super awesome; didn't think I'd enjoy using it but it just makes much more sense to have, especially with all the crazy people who overtake in just a few feet away from the car!
It cost me $500 to replace the windshield in my 2014 335i that had HUD, it's usually something insurance can pay for.
Old 05-08-2019, 05:12 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

My car is back!!!!!
Old 05-08-2019, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by VM
My car is back!!!!!
Nice!! Always nice to get out of that loaner back into your own car. Like seeing a good old friend after they were away on a long trip...