A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Joining the Audi ranks.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 165 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Flyguy31
PS: I've had XM since 2004 and have never paid full price. I think my average comes to around $9/month. Well worth it in my opinion. Just call and say you are going to cancel and they will work a deal.
Good to know,
Though I have had xm in my vehicles for many years now I think I'm finally over it. Audi gets traffic info from audiconnect and the bit rate of xm is pretty terrible (some stations seem worse than others). On the B&O system the lack of quality is very noticable. I don't know if you use a music service for your phone, but I use Google music and it is fully integrated into the mmi via Bluetooth! I couldn't believe it. All my playlist are there and if I want to add a new album just link it to the account and voala. I can set the streaming bit rate (quality) but I have unlimited data so bring on the quality and let the b&o sing. Also if you want to save data you can save playlists or albums to the phone/sd card. The best part is the family plan bc it works on iOS and Android.

That said sometimes it is nice to let the DJs do the work and just play some good music I have forgotten about. Haha .Enjoy the new car!
Old 03-25-2019, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Turboale
Good to know,
Though I have had xm in my vehicles for many years now I think I'm finally over it. Audi gets traffic info from audiconnect and the bit rate of xm is pretty terrible (some stations seem worse than others). On the B&O system the lack of quality is very noticable. I don't know if you use a music service for your phone, but I use Google music and it is fully integrated into the mmi via Bluetooth! I couldn't believe it. All my playlist are there and if I want to add a new album just link it to the account and voala. I can set the streaming bit rate (quality) but I have unlimited data so bring on the quality and let the b&o sing. Also if you want to save data you can save playlists or albums to the phone/sd card. The best part is the family plan bc it works on iOS and Android.

That said sometimes it is nice to let the DJs do the work and just play some good music I have forgotten about. Haha .Enjoy the new car!
Thanks for tips. I don't use a service and I really like XM. I'm a huge Beatles fan and that channel alone is worth it to me as it's not just music, they do some podcast that are very interesting on weekends.
But I'll definitely look into the Google music also.