A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Lost my 10 digit vehicle code...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 12:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 10-digit vehicle code

I am in the last step of fully accessing audi connect, which requires the 10-digit vehicle code. Unfortunately, mine was not on the plastic strip that is attached to the key chain, and there is no sign that it was ever there. I read somewhere on this forum that someone found their code in the glove compartment as opposed to the key chain. If anyone knows anything about that please let me know as I looked in the glove compartment but I was unable to find it. In my case things are a bit more complicated. My audi dealer here in Massachusetts ordered the car for me from a dealer in Arizona. Now my audi dealer needs to inquire about it to the dealer in Arizona. Do you see where the complications lay? I think is a waste of time, but I guess I have to first wait until Arizona tell us that they don't know anything about it before we can order a new one from Germany, or wherever.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

If you're really missing the whole plastic strip, it's small and probably lost if you haven't found it yet. I had my car shipped from Indiana to San Diego and the plastic code carrier came in the red box with the keys.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rccoleman
If you're really missing the whole plastic strip, it's small and probably lost if you haven't found it yet. I had my car shipped from Indiana to San Diego and the plastic code carrier came in the red box with the keys.
I have the whole plastic strip but there are no signs that the scratch off vehicle code was ever there. The plastic strip is clean, which is what I find strange. The only thing on it, is a sticker with the last 7 digits of my car's VIN. That only tells me that the plastic strip belongs to my car. I have seen photos that the scratch off vehicle code should be on that plastic strip next to the VIN sticker.
The following users liked this post:
Jestarr 9000 (01-04-2021)
Old 02-11-2019, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by elconsejero
I have the whole plastic strip but there are no signs that the scratch off vehicle code was ever there. The plastic strip is clean, which is what I find strange. The only thing on it, is a sticker with the last 7 digits of my car's VIN. That only tells me that the plastic strip belongs to my car. I have seen photos that the scratch off vehicle code should be on that plastic strip next to the VIN sticker.
Ah, it wasn't clear to me from your post whether the plastic thing was missing or just the code. Yeah, that's my recollection, but I'll have to check it out when I get home.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you!
Old 02-11-2019, 05:12 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by elconsejero
Thank you!
Yeah, mine has a silver sticker with the last bit of my VIN and a white sticker next to it with ‘Code’ and the 10-character code. The white sticker does feel rigid and plasticky, so I guess it come off cleanly. In any case, it should sufficient evidence for Audi to make it right for you.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you!
Old 02-11-2019, 05:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

However, it is strange for anyone at the dealer to open up the plastic strip and deliberately remove it, but what else? I guess at this point this is a Scooby-Doo mystery. I hope those meddling kids show up soon to solve it.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Mine is easy to keep track of. When I bought my car my dealer gave me an Audi presentation box with foam cut outs containing both key fobs, an Audi ballpoint pen and the plastic code carrier.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Help with a 2018 A6 vehicle code for audi connect

Hello All,

I have a 2018 A6 premium plus and the audi dealer is now telling me that those particular vehicles do not have a the 10-digit vehicle code necessary to become the key user and make full use of my now activate audi connect. This is the code that is normally located on the plastic strip that is given to you when purchasing vehicle, and is needed to lock/unlock doors, check if any windows are open, etc from your phone. Audi.com makes mention of this step, but these directions are general and not specific for 2018 A6. It is really hard for me to believe what the dealer is telling me. Can anyone help me figuring that one out.

Thank you.

Quick Reply: Lost my 10 digit vehicle code...