A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Lost my 10 digit vehicle code...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 07:39 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by up-n-coming
A new scratch off code has to be ordered from Germany. Happened to me when my salesman threw away the code tag by accident. Once the dealer receives the new code tag (via Fedex) we had to call Audi assistance and they somehow deleted the old code and got the car to accept the new key user code.
May seem like a silly question given the company we’re referring to, but did they charge to recover/reissue a vehicle code? How much? I bought a CPO Q5 MK2 premium plus and never got my code on the scratch off smh
Old 07-25-2019, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Sugar Ray Rob
May seem like a silly question given the company we’re referring to, but did they charge to recover/reissue a vehicle code? How much? I bought a CPO Q5 MK2 premium plus and never got my code on the scratch off smh
I have just gone through this process (figuring out what a key user # is and arguing the dealership that sold me my used A4 P+ into paying to replace it). Yesterday when I went to my local Audi dealership to purchase the replacement key ID # I paid $130.00. It seems pretty steep for a piece of plastic but since I am supposed to be reimbursed for this by the seller I didn't argue the price.
Old 07-25-2019, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Mother of Flagons
I have just gone through this process (figuring out what a key user # is and arguing the dealership that sold me my used A4 P+ into paying to replace it). Yesterday when I went to my local Audi dealership to purchase the replacement key ID # I paid $130.00. It seems pretty steep for a piece of plastic but since I am supposed to be reimbursed for this by the seller I didn't argue the price.
Thanks for the help, at least I have a little more perspective. Not sure how they're gonna get the seller to reimburse... they may have pulled a sales move on you there. I'm in contact with someone at Audi Customer Experience, I'll see what they say since I bought a CPO from this dealership with them stating I get everything on the window sticker, which should really include this plastic scratch off w vehicle code. Am i missing anything else? I have the car, two keys, and an owner's manual that the sales guy took from another Q5. I'm missing the scratch off vehicle code key ring and... I'm guessing a navigation code and possibly a stereo code? Some help would be appreciated
Old 07-26-2019, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Sugar Ray Rob
Thanks for the help, at least I have a little more perspective. Not sure how they're gonna get the seller to reimburse... they may have pulled a sales move on you there. I'm in contact with someone at Audi Customer Experience, I'll see what they say since I bought a CPO from this dealership with them stating I get everything on the window sticker, which should really include this plastic scratch off w vehicle code. Am i missing anything else? I have the car, two keys, and an owner's manual that the sales guy took from another Q5. I'm missing the scratch off vehicle code key ring and... I'm guessing a navigation code and possibly a stereo code? Some help would be appreciated
I should clarify because I think my post was confusing. I bought the A4 from a non-Audi dealership so that is who I was referencing when I said the seller was going to reimburse me. I have an email from the non-Audi dealership promising to reimburse me. I was initially given the "you bought a used car so it is as-is" line but I told them I had a screenshot of the advertisement for the car and it stated that the car came with Audi-connect, therefore they had an obligation to ensure that I could actually use all Audi-connect features. As the key ID number is required to do so, they were in breach of contract if they didn't provide it. I used a software analogy and said it was tantamount to selling me software without the required unlock code. It worked, lol. It probably helped that I pointed out that I had not yet left an online customer review...

That said, yesterday I confirmed that the non-Audi dealership ordered the wrong front license plate bracket for my car so now I'm back to arguing with them about replacing it with the correct one. I think they will be happy to see the last of me once I get this issue resolved.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought a used Q7 and did it online at Audiusa.com. Just asked a few questions with the customer assistance lady and they started the process. Took a few weeks and just got notice the other day I should have a new code sent to me in the mail. Doesn't always get approved I was told.

Originally Posted by up-n-coming
I just copy and pasted this from the Audi website. Read the last paragraph. You need to get your contract along with the scatch off number verified before you can activate audi connect. Your going to need that new scratch off number from Germany then go into the dealer and let the salesman fill out the contract info. Then he will submit it to Audi for activation. Looks like a real PITA.

After completing the contract, you can:

Use (additional) security-sensitive Audi connect services
Manage your own privileges per vehicle
Define additional users for the security-sensitive Audi connect services of your vehicle
The process is very easy and intuitive.
This is how it works:

Enter your personal information and agree to the general terms & conditions and the data privacy policy. Print your key user contract and contact your dealer. Your Audi partner will then verify your myAudi Account by using your contract number as a one-off process. This will enable you to assign yourself as key user of vehicles.
Old 10-17-2020, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by minmet
Whew, what a relief. Thank you, SYMAWD! A used car buyer probably won't subscribe to Audi connect thus care less about the app.
That is just not true. In-Car Technology is a huge part of owning an Audi. I just bought a 2019 Q8 - still with 2 years manufacturer warranty - and I am frustrated with the lack of connectivity because the code was not transferred with the paperwork as it should have been.

I kept that code for my previous Audis and passed them on to the new owners.
The following users liked this post:
Kohiko (09-13-2021)
Old 10-17-2020, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by minmet
Whew, what a relief. Thank you, SYMAWD! A used car buyer probably won't subscribe to Audi connect thus care less about the app.
Originally Posted by Mark A
That is just not true. In-Car Technology is a huge part of owning an Audi. I just bought a 2019 Q8 - still with 2 years manufacturer warranty - and I am frustrated with the lack of connectivity because the code was not transferred with the paperwork as it should have been.
Regardless whether the next buyer want the Audi connect, wouldn't they want to register as the key user so you can't use the app to lock/unlock and spy on their car anymore? For sure i won't buy the car if i can't register myself.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 275 Likes on 211 Posts

I investigated buying this code for my used A4 purchase and concluded that there wasn't really anything valuable that it would provide. 18 months later, there's no in-car technology that I feel I'm missing.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi, you say your scratch off code is just the last 7 characters of the VIN, but the code you need to enter to sync with the myAudi app etc is a 10 digit code. (all numbers not letters, symbols etc). I've just bought a used Audi A5 but am having problems obtaining the code for my car without having to pay an Audi dealership £65 GBP.

Last edited by ticman31; 09-12-2023 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

The last digits of the VIN as well as the 10 digit code are both on the label.

Quick Reply: Lost my 10 digit vehicle code...