Old 04-25-2023, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

This is what Audi told me

Old 04-26-2023, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Originally Posted by Luiis_1511
Hello, so I bought an rs3 2019. I was trying to connect my car with app myaudi and I couldn't. So I called audi and they told me that I need to have this 10 digit code that comes with the keys when you buy the car. But the old owner who sold me the car didn't give me any codes. Do I really need this code for 2019 models?
the app is useless on an A3/S3/RS3

Dont bother
Old 06-16-2023, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same issue - bought a used 2019 Q5 from CarMax and later learned I didn't have the needed 10-digit vehicle code. After much back and forth with the local Audi dealer over how to fix this, I called Audi USA customer service (today) and they were able to simply add me as the key user from their side (as Sudar's communique above implies). I just needed to provide them with my myAudi login id (email) that was linked to the car - then they bypassed the 10-digit vehicle code requirement remotely and I was able to log in to the car as the in-app instructions currently show.

Two caveats:
1. I'm not entirely sure if my local dealer had already done something at that point to confirm that my account was indeed linked to my VIN, so a visit to the dealership still might be needed in addition to the call to Audi USA
2. While the customer service rep was great and fixed the issue in about 2 minutes (and then confirmed that I could log into the MMI and the app worked), I was on hold for probably 20 minutes before getting through, so be prepared to wait a bit.
The following users liked this post:
Sudar (06-16-2023)
Old 06-16-2023, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dm8w
I had the same issue - bought a used 2019 Q5 from CarMax and later learned I didn't have the needed 10-digit vehicle code. After much back and forth with the local Audi dealer over how to fix this, I called Audi USA customer service (today) and they were able to simply add me as the key user from their side (as Sudar's communique above implies). I just needed to provide them with my myAudi login id (email) that was linked to the car - then they bypassed the 10-digit vehicle code requirement remotely and I was able to log in to the car as the in-app instructions currently show.

Two caveats:
1. I'm not entirely sure if my local dealer had already done something at that point to confirm that my account was indeed linked to my VIN, so a visit to the dealership still might be needed in addition to the call to Audi USA
2. While the customer service rep was great and fixed the issue in about 2 minutes (and then confirmed that I could log into the MMI and the app worked), I was on hold for probably 20 minutes before getting through, so be prepared to wait a bit.
I still havent gotten mine to work, **** poor communication with Audi. What use does the app have? Maybe I don't even need it ))
Old 06-16-2023, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Sudar
I still havent gotten mine to work, **** poor communication with Audi. What use does the app have? Maybe I don't even need it ))
The main reason I bothered was to enable locking and unlocking the car via the app - it’s slow and I likely won’t use it much, but I’m used to being able to get into my Ford via the keypad and it comes in handy. For the 2019 Q5, there’s also basic status info - fuel level, are the windows closed, etc. but YMMV.
Old 06-16-2023, 03:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dm8w
The main reason I bothered was to enable locking and unlocking the car via the app - it’s slow and I likely won’t use it much, but I’m used to being able to get into my Ford via the keypad and it comes in handy. For the 2019 Q5, there’s also basic status info - fuel level, are the windows closed, etc. but YMMV.
Does it lock/unlock based on proximity to car or you have to open app and click stuff?
Old 06-17-2023, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 117 Posts

If the key is in your pocket you need to touch the door handle to unlock. If you are using your phone you need to open the myAudi app and authenticate either using a PIN or Face ID (on iPhone).
Old 06-24-2023, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you

Originally Posted by rccoleman
If you're really missing the whole plastic strip, it's small and probably lost if you haven't found it yet. I had my car shipped from Indiana to San Diego and the plastic code carrier came in the red box with the keys.
Thank you for letting us know about the plastic strip! I have mine hanging up with my keys, so when you mentioned that I was relieved. Some videos showed a credit card with the information, and I knew I didn't have one of those.
Old 08-27-2023, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

We ran into this issue when acquiring a 2021 A5 S-line from an Audi dealer. Obviously, they did not have the key tag “fob” with the 10-character key- just like they did not have the user manual package. I’d fear the car was a repro, but they did have two keys... The dealer really wants to be engaged in setting the car up, and now I know why - it can’t be don wihtout setting up an Audi connect account and using a mobile phone to run their app.

My state of mind right now is to try and start a class action law suit against VAG for their failure to secure a full 10 year access to such a critical device. As noted above, Audi has lost the 3rd party support for the integration and maintenance of that 10-character key database and replacement numbers. Our 2021 will likely be active tomorrow using the Audi connect functionality with VAG input, but I fear a significant loss of resale value on these cars in another 5 years, when thy perhaps can’t even do that. Imagine trying to privately resell a vehicle without Audi sales department support. This A5 replaces one I was able to sell quickly last week using a Facebook markets listing, but imagine if I had to disclose that the new owners could never set the car up as primary user, but only as a limited-capacity “guest”.
Old 08-27-2023, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If it helps any I went through this process 4 weeks ago when I bought a 2nd hand 2020 A4 in the UK.

I downloaded the myAudi app but couldn’t complete the Key User section as I didn’t have the 10 digit code.

I phoned the Audi helpline (number in the app) who I have to say were fantastic. I explained the situation and was asked to have the V5 (registration document) and my passport to hand. It’s clearly something they deal with all the time.

After a 10 minute call in which we moved to video chat so they could see the V5, passport and me, I was set up in my car.

If you’ve recently bought the car you’ll have to wait until the registration document is in your name before it will be accepted.

All in, I was impressed.

Quick Reply: Lost my 10 digit vehicle code...