A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Mobile App?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It appears to - I have 2013 Audi Q5 Hybrid and 2019 Audi A6 and the application recognizes both - you toggle between vehicles. It does much much more for the new A6
Old 07-02-2019, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Burrcold
Yes I did, and I am running 1316 as well. Again it stays logged in if bring my phone with me. However if I leave the car for a few days without driving it, and then turn it on without my phone with me..I'll be logged out.
I’ll test not connecting my iPhone via Bluetooth or WiFi.

Will report back back in two or three days.
Old 07-02-2019, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 660 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxerBoi76
I’ll test not connecting my iPhone via Bluetooth or WiFi.

Will report back back in two or three days.
Make sure that your phone is off. I tried it once and it worked...but I realized that my car had picked up my phone's Bluetooth signal from inside my house lol. It only happens on weekends when my car sits from Friday to Monday. It's like after a little while the cellular modems in the car turn off. Having your phone connect you via Bluetooth is really just a workaround.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Make sure that your phone is off. I tried it once and it worked...but I realized that my car had picked up my phone's Bluetooth signal from inside my house lol. It only happens on weekends when my car sits from Friday to Monday. It's like after a little while the cellular modems in the car turn off. Having your phone connect you via Bluetooth is really just a workaround.
Won’t be able to turn my cell off but I can disable Bluetooth and WiFi not to mention my car sits on the first floor of a five floor concrete garage and I’m a considerable distance from my car.
Old 07-02-2019, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 660 Likes on 428 Posts

Won’t be able to turn my cell off but I can disable Bluetooth and WiFi not to mention my car sits on the first floor of a five floor concrete garage and I’m a considerable distance from my car.
Lol that will probably do! Why can't you turn it off?
Old 07-02-2019, 04:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Lol that will probably do! Why can't you turn it off?
I can but choose not to 😋. It’s my home phone too.

I perhaps incorrectly assumed you meant keep it off for several days! 🤪

On another note, I do hope Audi continues the “fast” pace of MyAudi app development as they have been recently. A few new features and bundle of fixes each month are welcome. If only they'd tie that to MMI fixes and improvements but suspect their development dollars are going into MIB-3 and Android now.

Last edited by BoxerBoi76; 07-02-2019 at 04:27 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

spoke too soon - not working for me. i did some testing last night and have made a few interesting discoveries. initially i assumed the cell modem was going to sleep too soon and/or not waking up (if set up to wake periodically or enter a partial ready state listening for a wake notification). from what i can tell, this is not the case - something else in the car is going to sleep and preventing the app from retrieving vehicle data via the cell link.

here's how the workflow went while i tested, i was able to repeat these steps at least twice each, some were 3-4 times as i tried to isolate and narrow this down.

car locked for at least 2 minutes: unreachable
unlock car, wait 15 seconds or so: reachable
open car door, do not turn on car: still reachable for about a minute, seems to go unreachable right before the bus that powers the dome light / service / sos button assembly shuts down (the red light for the door open dome light switch is the indicator i was watching)
close doors, turn on MMI via pressing center console vol/track ****: unreachable...but here's where it gets interesting. MMI is showing LTE connected, i can access Audi Connect data services from the MMI screen, i can login/logout of MMI using user/pass as well as 8 digit PIN, but vehicle remains unreachable via myAudi app.
press ignition button but do not start car: reachable indefinitely with ignition on
start vehicle: reachable indefinitely with vehicle running
turn off ignition: reachable for about 90 seconds whether i open/close door to exit or remain in the vehicle, then unreachable
lock car after car has become unreachable in last step: reachable for about a minute again, then unreachable

this makes me think the issue is either tied to a vehicle module not responding OR vehicle data retrieval is now attempting to pull some new data from the car that is unavailable when certain vehicle modules have gone to sleep and is causing a failure in some part (or all) of the request from myAudi backend service to vehicle over the cell link.
Old 07-03-2019, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jf1_
spoke too soon - not working for me. i did some testing last night and have made a few interesting discoveries. initially i assumed the cell modem was going to sleep too soon and/or not waking up (if set up to wake periodically or enter a partial ready state listening for a wake notification). from what i can tell, this is not the case - something else in the car is going to sleep and preventing the app from retrieving vehicle data via the cell link.

here's how the workflow went while i tested, i was able to repeat these steps at least twice each, some were 3-4 times as i tried to isolate and narrow this down.

car locked for at least 2 minutes: unreachable
unlock car, wait 15 seconds or so: reachable
open car door, do not turn on car: still reachable for about a minute, seems to go unreachable right before the bus that powers the dome light / service / sos button assembly shuts down (the red light for the door open dome light switch is the indicator i was watching)
close doors, turn on MMI via pressing center console vol/track ****: unreachable...but here's where it gets interesting. MMI is showing LTE connected, i can access Audi Connect data services from the MMI screen, i can login/logout of MMI using user/pass as well as 8 digit PIN, but vehicle remains unreachable via myAudi app.
press ignition button but do not start car: reachable indefinitely with ignition on
start vehicle: reachable indefinitely with vehicle running
turn off ignition: reachable for about 90 seconds whether i open/close door to exit or remain in the vehicle, then unreachable
lock car after car has become unreachable in last step: reachable for about a minute again, then unreachable

this makes me think the issue is either tied to a vehicle module not responding OR vehicle data retrieval is now attempting to pull some new data from the car that is unavailable when certain vehicle modules have gone to sleep and is causing a failure in some part (or all) of the request from myAudi backend service to vehicle over the cell link.
What MMI firmware version?
Old 07-03-2019, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

What MMI firmware version?
2019 F5 RS5 SB
MMI 1316
myAudi 3.11.0 (iOS)
NAR / US / AT&T
Connect PRIME+PLUS Active
Old 07-03-2019, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

For those having connection App issue, Does the car status refreshes when using a laptop or desktop vis MyAudi webpage? I don't think there's an outage mine works and continue to works everyday.

Last edited by Bestcar17; 07-03-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Mobile App?