A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Mobile App?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bestcar17
For those having connection App issue, Does the car status refreshes when using a laptop or desktop vis MyAudi webpage? I don't think there's an outage mine works and continue to works everyday.
i used the iOS app for the testing described in post 98, but i'm experiencing the same behavior using both my.audi.com and the myAudi iOS app. they either both work or they both fail together in this scenario.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jf1_
i used the iOS app for the testing described in post 98, but i'm experiencing the same behavior using both my.audi.com and the myAudi iOS app. they either both work or they both fail together in this scenario.
I experienced similar issues you had in your testing list - have you attempted to reset your key user? If not, try that and then wait 24hrs and then add it back (absolutely confirm you get an email stating you’re no longer the key user, then wait 24hrs and add back and confirm you get a second email stating you’re the key user again). I was told by Audi Connect support key user depends on scheduled jobs that run against servers in Germany that take 24hrs to complete.

Since I did that (the key user process) and the additional login after the MyAudi app disconnects from Connect in the MMI, I haven’t had any more issues.

Note: I was told by Audi Connect support that the LTE module is active at all times unless you’ve disabled it via the MMI setting or the car battery dies/is removed.

Where you tested, did you have sufficient LTE signal?

Last edited by BoxerBoi76; 07-03-2019 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

2019 F5 RS5 SB
MMI 1316
myAudi 3.11.0 (iOS)
NAR / US / AT&T
Connect PRIME+PLUS Active
All same for me except 2019 Audi A4 Prestige.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks! This solved my problem with my 2019 A5!

Originally Posted by BoxerBoi76
I believe I have resolved this - I noticed that when I have the MyAudi app running on my iPhone and it’s physically plugged into one of the cars USB ports or I’m connected to the cars WiFi, it logs me into Audi Connect as confirmed via the MMI.

When I unplug from USB and/or disable WiFi, I’m being logged out of Audi Connect! Just noticed this today / why I didn’t see it before was I still had the same list of services in the MMI connect menu and could access them but when I clicked on the right button, it showed Log In!

I logged back into Audi Connect via the MMI while my iPhone was unplugged from USB and not connected to WiFi (and selected save credentials like I’ve always done).

I can now manage my car via the MyAudi app on my phone (query status, unlock/lock doors, etc.).

I will continue to test to see if connecting my iPhone to the USB port and/or connecting to WiFi while the MyAudi app is running on my iPhone is logging me out of Audi Connect when I unplug my phone and/or disconnect from WiFi.

Wonder if the recent versions of the MyAudi app is causing me to be logged out of Connect in the MMI?

UPDATE: still working as of 5:15pm CDT. Called MyAudi app support and they state nothing changed on their end so I have no idea what changed between before my cars service where the MyAudi app worked flawlessly for more than two months to after the service but the app is now working again.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RickB
Thanks! This solved my problem with my 2019 A5!
Wonderful - still working for me after several days. It’s been great!
Old 07-03-2019, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

I experienced similar issues you had in your testing list - have you attempted to reset your key user? If not, try that and then wait 24hrs and then add it back (absolutely confirm you get an email stating you’re no longer the key user, then wait 24hrs and add back and confirm you get a second email stating you’re the key user again). I was told by Audi Connect support key user depends on scheduled jobs that run against servers in Germany that take 24hrs to complete.

Since I did that (the key user process) and the additional login after the MyAudi app disconnects from Connect in the MMI, I haven’t had any more issues.

Note: I was told by Audi Connect support that the LTE module is active at all times unless you’ve disabled it via the MMI setting or the car battery dies/is removed.

Where you tested, did you have sufficient LTE signal?
haven’t tried resetting key user yet, was hoping i could narrow down what was happening before i started over fresh. i’ll give that a shot this weekend.

i had strong LTE signal showing on both vehicle and phone during testing. the vehicle was stationary for all tests and they were repeatable each time, so i’m assuming it was not signal related.

looking back at my notes, i just realized i made some changes with VCDS three days before the issue started. it was definitely working prior to that but i can’t confirm it’s related just yet. will review my saved coding/adaptations and see if anything sticks out.

i did a full auto scan last night with VCDS but no errors came back.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

haven’t tried resetting key user yet, was hoping i could narrow down what was happening before i started over fresh. i’ll give that a shot this weekend.

i had strong LTE signal showing on both vehicle and phone during testing. the vehicle was stationary for all tests and they were repeatable each time, so i’m assuming it was not signal related.

looking back at my notes, i just realized i made some changes with VCDS three days before the issue started. it was definitely working prior to that but i can’t confirm it’s related just yet. will review my saved coding/adaptations and see if anything sticks out.

i did a full auto scan last night with VCDS but no errors came back.
While you’re reviewing your VCDS mods, why not try an MMI restart? So you know you’re testing with a freshly booted system.

Last edited by BoxerBoi76; 07-03-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-03-2019, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

While you’re reviewing your VCDS mods, why not try an MMI restart? So you know you’re testing with a freshly booted system.
tried a few three finger salutes along the way, hasn’t helped...
Old 07-03-2019, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 660 Likes on 428 Posts

When you guys get in your car are the LTE bars and little arrows showing up on your mmi screen immediately? Even after you've let the car sit for a bit. Mine take a minute sometimes two to show up (even though once they do they are showing full bars).
Old 07-03-2019, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Burrcold
When you guys get in your car are the LTE bars and little arrows showing up on your mmi screen immediately? Even after you've let the car sit for a bit. Mine take a minute sometimes two to show up (even though once they do they are showing full bars).
Was running a few errands and tested this three times (using iPhone stopwatch where I started it once I saw the MMI Navigation Plus screen): I consistently get the MMI LTE icon and signal bars at approximately 25 seconds.

I turned the car off completely after each test and waited two minutes before restarting.

I did did a fourth test where I restarted the MMI with the same result.

Last edited by BoxerBoi76; 07-03-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Mobile App?