A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Mobile App?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxerBoi76
Was running a few errands and tested this three times (using iPhone stopwatch where I started it once I saw the MMI Navigation Plus screen): I consistently get the MMI LTE icon and signal bars at approximately 25 seconds.

I turned the car off completely after each test and waited two minutes before restarting.

I did did a fourth test where I restarted the MMI with the same result.
Tested again this morning after my car has been off all night - see the MMI LTE icon and signal bars at approximately 25 seconds.

The MyAudi app continues to work without issue; fingers crossed it continues to do so.

Last edited by BoxerBoi76; 07-04-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

i was able to successfully pull vehicle data via myAudi three times in the last 20 minutes. the car had been parked and locked for approx 3 hours. i did make some VCDS changes (and reverted a couple i made prior) two nights ago but it was still not working right after making those changes nor was it working 24 hours ago.

still confused, but hopefully it continues to work...
Old 07-04-2019, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jf1_
i was able to successfully pull vehicle data via myAudi three times in the last 20 minutes. the car had been parked and locked for approx 3 hours. i did make some VCDS changes (and reverted a couple i made prior) two nights ago but it was still not working right after making those changes nor was it working 24 hours ago.

Fingers crossed for ya man!
Old 07-07-2019, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

JF1, still working for you after the last set of VCDS changes and reversions?
Old 07-07-2019, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Update: The MyAudi app has been working flawlessly for the last week. No issues whatsoever in either the MyAudi app on my iPhone or Connect via the MMI.
Old 07-07-2019, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine also after resetting the key user.

Rick

Update: The MyAudi app has been working flawlessly for the last week. No issues whatsoever in either the MyAudi app on my iPhone or Connect via the MMI.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

JF1, still working for you after the last set of VCDS changes and reversions?
vehicle has been parked since thursday, i’ve been able to successfully pull vehicle status on every attempt since then (1-3 times a day). tomorrow will be a better test once it has been started, driven & parked again.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

vehicle has been parked since thursday, i’ve been able to successfully pull vehicle status on every attempt since then (1-3 times a day). tomorrow will be a better test once it has been started, driven & parked again.
Curious, what changes with VCDS did you do?
Old 07-08-2019, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

The MyAudi app and Connect via MMI have been working exceedingly well. Now if Audi would start slowly adding quality new features to the app that provide additional value add such as:

- Capability to disable Connect MMI options (like Twitter) so they are not shown in the Audi Connect display in the MMI
- Customize the order in which Audi Connect options are displayed in the MMI
- Close sunroof and windows (assuming this can be done without an MMI firmware update)
- Query car for driving statistics (fuel economy, miles driven, error codes, etc.) and allow for save to file (.csv, .pdf, etc.) on phone/tablet
- Trigger Maps OTA update for your region/state (configured via the MyAudi app)
- Turn off lights (assuming this can be done without an MMI firmware update)

Last edited by BoxerBoi76; 07-08-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mlavio829
Curious, what changes with VCDS did you do?
haven’t had a chance to diff my VCDS autoscans yet but i’ll try to narrow it down. i keep a list of active coding sync’d in my notes but had stripped out the reverted changes.

more successful tests today:

- at home before my morning commute (parked 8+ hours overnight)
- a few min after parking in a parking garage with marginal LTE signal showing on MMI
- midday after sitting for 4 hours in parking garage (used myAudi web for this one)
- this evening once more before retrieving car from garage after an additional 4 hours
- just now at home

each update came back successful in approx 15 seconds. all test locations today were previously failures.

Quick Reply: Mobile App?