A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Mobile App?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxerBoi76
Really believe it’s 3.13 - I had forced an update using 3.12 right before upgrading without issue and after 3.13 it failed and hasn’t worked since except when I’m connected via Bluetooth, USB or WiFi (in the car).
of course i updated to 3.13 exactly 30 days after it started working again (8/21) which makes it tough to determine if it was the app update or a 30 day password expiration. i do remember the 3.13 update forcing me to log in again.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jf1_
of course i updated to 3.13 exactly 30 days after it started working again (8/21) which makes it tough to determine if it was the app update or a 30 day password expiration. i do remember the 3.13 update forcing me to log in again.
Believe the password expiration is around 90 days or thereabouts. Got my car April 15th and was prompted to change my password in mid/late July if I recall correctly.

I attempted to initiate a chat session with MyAudi support online but chat was not available today. Will check tomorrow.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Believe the password expiration is around 90 days or thereabouts. Got my car April 15th and was prompted to change my password in mid/late July if I recall correctly.

I attempted to initiate a chat session with MyAudi support online but chat was not available today. Will check tomorrow.
interesting, i definitely saw the password expiration notice when i logged into myaudi yesterday and it's only been 30 days since my last password change.

the only login i've never updated during all this was for erwin.audiusa.com as it uses a username/password combo (not email). it did have the same email attached to the account details and i suppose it's possible the stale login creds on erwin (90+ days) were somehow being linked and contributing to an issue with federation. or not...who knows.

i just swapped out the email attached to erwin and then reset passwords on each of the audi properties yet again. guess we'll see what happens at 0300 CEST.
Old 09-26-2019, 08:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

interesting, i definitely saw the password expiration notice when i logged into myaudi yesterday and it's only been 30 days since my last password change.

the only login i've never updated during all this was for erwin.audiusa.com as it uses a username/password combo (not email). it did have the same email attached to the account details and i suppose it's possible the stale login creds on erwin (90+ days) were somehow being linked and contributing to an issue with federation. or not...who knows.

i just swapped out the email attached to erwin and then reset passwords on each of the audi properties yet again. guess we'll see what happens at 0300 CEST.
Audi support chat asked me to uninstall and reinstall the app and of course that did nothing. Wanted me to reset key user which I told them that's not an acceptable solution (I have to do this every time a new app is released?) to which they agreed I should not have to do that just for a new app release.

They're researching the issue.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Any news?
Old 09-27-2019, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Any news?
still not working.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

still not working.
They actually asked me to go through the whole troubleshooting process today which I kindly told them no. They don’t seem to understand I had zero issues until I upgraded the application to 3.13.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

i tried removing/adding key user and changing all my passwords...no luck. also noticed i couldn’t use my pin to log back in after adding key user, had to use complete user/pass. can’t remember if that was the case last time.

pretty frustrating that nobody at audi has been able to nail down a root cause (or at least a consistent workaround) in 3 months.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

They actually asked me to go through the whole troubleshooting process today which I kindly told them no. They don’t seem to understand I had zero issues until I upgraded the application to 3.13.
1+ Zero issue until 3.13 Just when you though they figure it out they mess it up again.....
Old 10-02-2019, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

i tried removing/adding key user and changing all my passwords...no luck. also noticed i couldn’t use my pin to log back in after adding key user, had to use complete user/pass. can’t remember if that was the case last time.

pretty frustrating that nobody at audi has been able to nail down a root cause (or at least a consistent workaround) in 3 months.
I assume they’re working on it today (or it’s completely falling apart). I’ve been getting all sorts of new errors/error codes via the app now.

Quick Reply: Mobile App?