A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Mobile App?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 660 Likes on 428 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxerBoi76
No worries man! I called MyAudi support tonight and they have an outage notification before you’re assigned a support tech so there is an issue at the moment but they seem to think it shouldn’t be causing the login issue I’m having.

Perhaps once they resolve the outage, my issue will be resolved.

If if I could ask, are you US based or in another country? Wondering if you’re using a different MyAudi infrastructure region than I am since it’s working for you
I'm in Canada, but the Canada and US myAudi app are the same for both of us (both running from Audi of America).
Old 06-27-2019, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Beyonslay
I also believe that the outage is causing your issue so you should wait for them to resolve it and than you can judge.
I called Audi Connect support and learned that when you delete your MyAudi app account/profile, you must wait 24hrs before recreating (according to them) due to scheduled jobs that sync with Audi’s servers in Germany. I tried recreating in less than 24hrs and had all sorts of issues.

We deleted it again, waited 24hrs and it is now functioning and is basically back to normal aside from the current outage.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

What is this outage? Of course I tried to download the most recent map update through MMI and it's stuck half way through. I'm assuming due to the outage? Considering Audi is one of the most tech forward manufacturers, they have so much work to do to make Audi Connect and the myAudi experience better. It's been terrible in my experience so far. And now I have a clunking sound coming from my front passenger suspension...FML.
Old 06-27-2019, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Burrcold
What is this outage? Of course I tried to download the most recent map update through MMI and it's stuck half way through. I'm assuming due to the outage? Considering Audi is one of the most tech forward manufacturers, they have so much work to do to make Audi Connect and the myAudi experience better. It's been terrible in my experience so far. And now I have a clunking sound coming from my front passenger suspension...FML.
Lock/unlock issues, pulling status from cars and more (I had the maps ota issue too and left it running over several days and MyAudi app gave me a battery warning so cancel it, don’t let it continue to run if it’s hanging). When you call the 800 support number, they have a greeting apologizing for the outage and that they’re working to resolve ASAP.

Last edited by BoxerBoi76; 06-27-2019 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Lock/unlock issues, pulling status from cars and more (I had the maps ota issue too and left it running over several days and MyAudi app gave me a battery warning so cancel it, don’t let it continue to run if it’s hanging). When you call the 800 support number, they have a greeting apologizing for the outage and that they’re working to resolve ASAP.
I believe I have resolved this - I noticed that when I have the MyAudi app running on my iPhone and it’s physically plugged into one of the cars USB ports or I’m connected to the cars WiFi, it logs me into Audi Connect as confirmed via the MMI.

When I unplug from USB and/or disable WiFi, I’m being logged out of Audi Connect! Just noticed this today / why I didn’t see it before was I still had the same list of services in the MMI connect menu and could access them but when I clicked on the right button, it showed Log In!

I logged back into Audi Connect via the MMI while my iPhone was unplugged from USB and not connected to WiFi (and selected save credentials like I’ve always done).

I can now manage my car via the MyAudi app on my phone (query status, unlock/lock doors, etc.).

I will continue to test to see if connecting my iPhone to the USB port and/or connecting to WiFi while the MyAudi app is running on my iPhone is logging me out of Audi Connect when I unplug my phone and/or disconnect from WiFi.

Wonder if the recent versions of the MyAudi app is causing me to be logged out of Connect in the MMI?

UPDATE: still working as of 5:15pm CDT. Called MyAudi app support and they state nothing changed on their end so I have no idea what changed between before my cars service where the MyAudi app worked flawlessly for more than two months to after the service but the app is now working again.

Last edited by BoxerBoi76; 07-01-2019 at 02:16 PM.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

this solved my issue as well. i didn't realize that audi connect was only logged in while my phone was in the car, which explains why it only appeared to work while the car was running - it was actually only working because my car running AND my phone was connected via BT and/or the vehicle AP. thank you!
Old 07-02-2019, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jf1_
this solved my issue as well. i didn't realize that audi connect was only logged in while my phone was in the car, which explains why it only appeared to work while the car was running - it was actually only working because my car running AND my phone was connected via BT and/or the vehicle AP. thank you!
You're welcome!

I spoke to Audi connect support again yesterday and they state nothing has changed on their end that would cause this logout. I’m beginning to wonder if the latest MyAudi app changed this behavior - this all worked flawlessly for me until the last several weeks and we’ve had two MyAudi updates on iOS recently.
Old 07-02-2019, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I've found that this seems to help as well. Although I think it's strange that you should have your phone/app in the car for it to work properly. I honestly want to be able to delete the app and have the mmi not log me out (which it still does if I leave the car undriven for a few days. If I come out after a few days (without my phone) Audi Connect in the MMI will have logged me out.
Old 07-02-2019, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Burrcold
I've found that this seems to help as well. Although I think it's strange that you should have your phone/app in the car for it to work properly. I honestly want to be able to delete the app and have the mmi not log me out (which it still does if I leave the car undriven for a few days. If I come out after a few days (without my phone) Audi Connect in the MMI will have logged me out.
Did you select to save your access credentials?

Mine has stayed logged in since doing this whether or not my phone is connected.

Also, what version MMI? I’m running 1316.
Old 07-02-2019, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Did you select to save your access credentials?

Mine has stayed logged in since doing this whether or not my phone is connected.

Also, what version MMI? I’m running 1316.
Yes I did, and I am running 1316 as well. Again it stays logged in if bring my phone with me. However if I leave the car for a few days without driving it, and then turn it on without my phone with me..I'll be logged out.

Quick Reply: Mobile App?