A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Obd11 pro changes for key fob

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 10:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obd11 pro changes for key fob

Just used the obd11 on my 17 a4. I couldn't find the app that allows me to close the windows and sun roof by holding the lock key on my remote. Is it not developed yet or am I not seeing it somewhere? It's my first time using obd11.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fizad99
Just used the obd11 on my 17 a4. I couldn't find the app that allows me to close the windows and sun roof by holding the lock key on my remote. Is it not developed yet or am I not seeing it somewhere? It's my first time using obd11.
"Convenience" opening & closing of the windows & sunroof is standard on NA A4's. No OBD programming required. However - it is limited. You must be within about 6 feet of the car for it to work. Press twice & hold the unlock button on the fob to open the windows & sunroof - press twice & hold the lock button to close everything.
There is an OBD II modification that will disable the requirement to be that close to the vehicle. I can open / close mine across the parking lot - basically the same as the range to lock / unlock the doors or pop the trunk.

Last edited by Cadx6; 03-20-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6
"Convenience" opening & closing of the windows & sunroof is standard on NA A4's. No OBD programming required. However - it is limited. You must be within about 6 feet of the car for it to work. Press twice & hold the unlock button on the fob to open the windows & sunroof - press twice & hold the lock button to close everything.
There is an OBD II modification that will disable the requirement to be that close to the vehicle. I can open / close mine across the parking lot - basically the same as the range to lock / unlock the doors or pop the trunk.
Stupid me didn't even try that. But I don't need to press it twice I just press it once and hold it and the windows open but the sun roof opens just a tilt, the sun roof didn't slide all the way open. You know where in obd11 I can change the distance?
Old 03-20-2017, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by fizad99
Stupid me didn't even try that. But I don't need to press it twice I just press it once and hold it and the windows open but the sun roof opens just a tilt, the sun roof didn't slide all the way open. You know where in obd11 I can change the distance?
I stand corrected . I don't use that feature that often so I was going by WAG about pressing twice.
You're right about the sunroof just tilting. I don't know of any way to make it open fully, but I'm not a "super expert" on OBD II. A few guys on here are - maybe they have some idea.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw the coding for changing the range in OBD11 for opening the windows a few days ago but can't find it anymore now that I want to do it. Any help in finding it would be appreciated
Old 03-21-2017, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ThePav
I saw the coding for changing the range in OBD11 for opening the windows a few days ago but can't find it anymore now that I want to do it. Any help in finding it would be appreciated
Worked for my NA A4 -
46 - Central Module Comfort System
Coding->comfort_operation_range_limitation->not active

I also noticed in my notes a reference for coding to make the sunroof slide instead of tilt with the key fob - but it said "Coming soon". I'll have to see if I can find that post again & see if it's been updated.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6
Worked for my NA A4 -
46 - Central Module Comfort System
Coding->comfort_operation_range_limitation->not active

I also noticed in my notes a reference for coding to make the sunroof slide instead of tilt with the key fob - but it said "Coming soon". I'll have to see if I can find that post again & see if it's been updated.
Thanks mate, I might start playing around with OBD11 (Just got it) and if I find anything for sliding sunroof I'll let you guys know.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m new to OBDeleven. I wanted to remove the range limitation for closing windows and sunroof to save walking outside to close them when it started raining. I figured it couldn’t be that hard and I could save myself 10 credits by doing it myself instead of with the app. Here’s what I did

First I went into adaptation, but couldn’t find it there. So I looked in long coding and fount it on the list. I changed it from active to not active and held the green button down. It came up with “(31) Function not available”. Tried again with the same result. I thought maybe I needed to sign in somewhere so went poking about. I think it was in security where it asked for a code, and there was a number showing (5 digits) so I entered that number and it said it was incorrect. I tried my passcode, but it didn’t like that either.

But I went back to long coding and gave it another try. It worked! So.... what did I do to get it to work? Besides going places I probably shouldn’t, what did I not do or skip to get the error message 31? It would be nice to know the steps that would easily be done with low risk of costly mistakes.

Thanks for any advice
Old 08-14-2018, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThePav
Thanks mate, I might start playing around with OBD11 (Just got it) and if I find anything for sliding sunroof I'll let you guys know.
Dont know if you’re still looking, but found this:

Sunroof open instead of tilt

Description:
  • Sunroof
  • Adaptation
  • Komfortfunkionen
  • Target Position for comfort opening Set to Slid.position
  • Press and hold green check mark to accept