A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

OEM 10.1” screen conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2023, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 737 Likes on 514 Posts

I notice that you too have that pink/purple line on the top of the screen.
Old 08-27-2023, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Here are two pics of my screen. No purple line. No distortion.
My screen came from a 2021 A4 with a little over 4000 miles.
I hate to see people having these issues or be disappointed with their efforts.
Is there a way to figure out the cause? Year of donor screen? Decoder box? Are all these decoders from the same manufacturer? Quality control? Many variables.
Could it be as simple as the connectors not being pushed in all the way.
Perhaps an email to the decoder manufacturer to see if they have any insight.
Does it have anything to do with the MMI software version?

Last edited by Len Ferrara; 08-27-2023 at 07:51 AM. Reason: addition
Old 08-27-2023, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 737 Likes on 514 Posts

@Len Ferrara you wouldn't happen to have the sticker of your screen with you. The other variable is the software version of the screen too.
Old 08-27-2023, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Bruce Miranda - sorry I do not.
Old 08-28-2023, 01:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
@Len Ferrara you wouldn't happen to have the sticker of your screen with you. The other variable is the software version of the screen too.
Happy to contribute if somebody would like to start a collection of data - I have pictures of my screen and decoder sticker. I only found two sellers on AliExpress and when I bought a few weeks ago "AIDU" claimed to have sold ~5 units and "DOKIAUTO" ~25; I went with the majority.
Old 08-28-2023, 01:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Quick post script while I remember. I bought the screen and its carrier from ebay and I needed two of those M5 x 20mm hex head bolts to fasten the two together; these didnt come with either part for me. Then, having got the screen secured in place, I had a nasty moment when I couldnt get the big air-vent piece to go back in place because the bigger screen hangs a little lower. Fortunately, because the 10" screen only has bolts at the front, you can undo them a few turns and easily get enough clearance to lift the front of the screen up and clear the top of the air vent, see picture. I also chose to take a hacksaw to the screen trim piece I had rather than buy new pieces.

Old 08-28-2023, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

How did you fill in the space behind the screen? I believe Audi has a trim piece that fits there. Haven't gotten that far.
Old 08-28-2023, 10:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by christoph19
Happy to contribute if somebody would like to start a collection of data - I have pictures of my screen and decoder sticker. I only found two sellers on AliExpress and when I bought a few weeks ago "AIDU" claimed to have sold ~5 units and "DOKIAUTO" ~25; I went with the majority.
Same here
Old 08-28-2023, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

This is my MMI/MU software version. I also have PR code 7UH, meaning it's prewired for navigation. I have one CD slot and two SD card slots.
Info for anyone working on a database or trying to figure out the reason for the purple line.
Would like to hear from more people experiencing this.
Interestingly the 10.1" screen is listed as a fit for 2020-23 US models but 2016 -23 Euro models.
My hunch is that the line is the result of MU software differences - that would change the most thru the years (no?).
I've already posted a pic of my decoder label - appears to have been manufactured in December 2021. Not a big seller.
Old 08-29-2023, 12:22 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Len Ferrara
How did you fill in the space behind the screen? I believe Audi has a trim piece that fits there. Haven't gotten that far.
I didnt fill that gap as its not really visible from inside the car and I start to feel mean when I see what prices the new parts network charge for the trim pieces. Not really searched recycled parts yet.

I contacted DOKIAUTO yesterday to thank them for good delivery, sent them a picture of the "purple problem" and asked for some help. Today I heard back to say their engineer would take a look so hopefully he will come back with some pertinent questions that can help guide data gathering.

Quick Reply: OEM 10.1” screen conversion