A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

OEM 10.1” screen conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2024, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I replaced a 7" screen with a 10" in my 2019 B9. No problems.
The following users liked this post:
GLN2 (02-26-2024)
Old 03-21-2024, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey guys, this thread made me do the installation, so thank you for the contribution. I'm facing some issues, maybe you can help me. I got the decoder from Aliexpress(Dokiauto - link) and installed it together with an used Innolux screen(8W2 919 620) on my Audi A4 B9 from 2019. My decoder came with no sticker/instructions on it and the only suggested combinations present on the product page were these:

I tried using all the options and only the first one seems to be working, the one with PIN 1 up, however it has few issues. I can see a distortion/blurred line on the bottom and the entire image seems to be cropped on the right side:

The bottom line would not bother me, but the crop part of the right side is really disappointing, as it occurs in every menu/application.
I've seen that most of you guys managed to get it done using the configuration meant for "Panasonic", with the PIN 2 up. I tried that as well, the bottom line is gone and the image seems to be centred now, however I see sometimes some distortions at random spots on the screen, as you can see here:

Tried to contact the seller, waiting for an answer, was just wondering if you guys have any thoughts about this.
Thanks!
Old 03-22-2024, 01:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cataelk
Tried to contact the seller, waiting for an answer, was just wondering if you guys have any thoughts about this.
Thanks!
Sorry its not going smoothly for you.
FYI, there is a picture of the recommended settings table back up in #69 from July 23. It will be interesting to see if you get a meaningful response from the seller - I never did. I cant see that you are doing anything different from most of us but your outcome seems worse. Are there any manufacturing / testing dates on your box?
Old 03-22-2024, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1L 2L 3H 4H 5H . It works with this one. Image is not moved either.
Old 03-22-2024, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

The most interesting thing about this combination is that it is not listed on the label! (see my post of the label #69). If anyone has a newer decoder it would be interesting to compare labels. Obviously there are some variables in the electronics we are not privy to.
Happy that you solved it.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by christoph19
Sorry its not going smoothly for you.
FYI, there is a picture of the recommended settings table back up in #69 from July 23. It will be interesting to see if you get a meaningful response from the seller - I never did. I cant see that you are doing anything different from most of us but your outcome seems worse. Are there any manufacturing / testing dates on your box?
I tried the combinations from the #69 message before, unfortunately with no luck. Nothing was present on my box, it was just the decoder inside a "bag".
The seller responded and sent me a list with other combinations, attaching them here:

Tried them all and this one seems to be working: (15) - 1L / 2H / 3H / 4L / 5H, even if it's labeled with Alpine and I'm using an Innolux display. Didn't see any issue for now and hopefully none will ever appear.

Originally Posted by ksacher
1L 2L 3H 4H 5H . It works with this one. Image is not moved either.
Also tried this one, you can find it on the list above, didn't work for me.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

This is good for the group to have.
Your combo is for converting an 8.3" to a 10.1" Alpine. What???
Notice that the Alpine screen has more than one part number attached to it - with and without (A).
If there are 19 working combinations why attach a label with only 7!

Last edited by Len Ferrara; 03-22-2024 at 07:21 AM. Reason: addition
Old 03-24-2024, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 737 Likes on 514 Posts

I now noticed that there are atleast a couple of versions of these decoder boxes on AliExpress which look physically different. Which means that the PCB has been designed internally too.

In one version the input and output cables are on opposite ends of the decoder box.
In the other version, the input and output cables are on the same side of the decoder box.

Which version have people used and found to work fine with no purple or distorted lines etc?
Old 03-24-2024, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Bruce:
Here's a snip of my order-

As you can see, both connections are on the same side. However, if you look at the pic of what I was sent and installed in post #69, it is obvious that the connections are on opposite sides.
Perusing AliExpress today I noticed that one seller seems to have different models depending on whether you are upgrading from 7 to 10.1 or 8.3 to 10.1.

Also many sellers selling 8.3 to 10.1 specifically. Price is less. Perhaps these decoders do not have the flexibility of dip switches. That would lend credence to your thoughts on different PCB boards.
I have not had any problems since installing.
Len
Old 03-25-2024, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Which version have people used and found to work fine with no purple or distorted lines etc?
Bruce,
I have the same looking box as Len bought at the same price from the same supplier; picture of labeling information below. The dates on the label are consistent with when I bought (Aug 23). Using the recommended HLHHH setting I get some purple line artifacts on MMI text boxes and similar but Google maps is great! When I get some time I plan to try out the "Panasonic" setting recently reported here as good.

Quick Reply: OEM 10.1” screen conversion