A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Port hold time?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2016, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Port hold time?

My A4 arrived at the port in Rhode Island on October 27. I received an email from Audi saying my car was ready for delivery two days later. Yesterday, my dealer in Secuacus NJ told me it's not in their inventory yet. Two and a half weeks in the port? Is that normal?

Last edited by fnarq; 11-12-2016 at 04:35 AM.
Old 11-12-2016, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 388 Likes on 349 Posts

It really depends on how busy the port is and how slow Customs is. You're mostly at their mercy. I know my car sat in RI for a while before it was released to the shipper. Not 2.5 weeks, but it did sit for a while.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine sat in port for two weeks. It got to the dealership a few days after it was released to carrier. Expect to have it any day now.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My car arrived in San Diego on 10/24 after a 1 week delay due to Hurricane Mathew in the Atlantic with ships course being rerouted. As a result of this weather, there was a backlog of cargo ships waiting to go through Panama Canal. On 10/24, containers arrived in San Diego and over 5000 VW, Audi and Porsches were sat on the dock, creating a backlog!

The dealer then informed my car was in a pool selected for a manufacturer QA inspection and an additional EPA inspection!

It was finally shipped San Diego to Sacramento on 11/10 and I am now going to pick it up today after a 4 weeks of patiently waiting.
Old 11-12-2016, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dccarver1
My car arrived in San Diego on 10/24 after a 1 week delay due to Hurricane Mathew in the Atlantic with ships course being rerouted. As a result of this weather, there was a backlog of cargo ships waiting to go through Panama Canal. On 10/24, containers arrived in San Diego and over 5000 VW, Audi and Porsches were sat on the dock, creating a backlog!

The dealer then informed my car was in a pool selected for a manufacturer QA inspection and an additional EPA inspection!

It was finally shipped San Diego to Sacramento on 11/10 and I am now going to pick it up today after a 4 weeks of patiently waiting.
Congrats on your car. She's here! Can't wait to see pictures!
Old 11-13-2016, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been anxiously watching the CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY, which was due in at Davisville, RI yesterday, before presumably dropping my car off in Houston, TX about a week later. It got oh so close, then the ship's status changed to "at anchor" and port arrival delayed to 11/14. I can't decide whether I like having all this information or not!
Old 11-18-2016, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

I still don't have my car. Salesperson called me today and said it might be next month, but he's not sure! He stated that they don't have a reason from regional management on what the story is, but said they'd been told parts were missing and were on backorder, and that this had happened to cars from multiple dealers. Anyone out there hearing stories like this?
Old 11-18-2016, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Ordered Prestige (Tango red/Atlas Beige) on Sept. 9th. At the port (Davisville) this past Tuesday. At the dealer in southeastern PA today (Friday). Turn over manana. I must be lucky!
Old 11-20-2016, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by macwm
Ordered Prestige (Tango red/Atlas Beige) on Sept. 9th. At the port (Davisville) this past Tuesday. At the dealer in southeastern PA today (Friday). Turn over manana. I must be lucky!
What options did you order with yours? Mine has been sitting in Davisville for over three weeks now. I'm wondering if there isn't some kind of catastrophic defect in one of the options I ordered... I got cold/warm/driver assist.

Edit: Or maybe my car got damaged in transit?
Old 11-20-2016, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by fnarq
What options did you order with yours? Mine has been sitting in Davisville for over three weeks now. I'm wondering if there isn't some kind of catastrophic defect in one of the options I ordered... I got cold/warm/driver assist.

Edit: Or maybe my car got damaged in transit?
Only 3 options: cold weather, DAP and Walnut wood inlays. You may be correct, something may be wrong with your A4.

Quick Reply: Port hold time?