A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Programming 2017 Audi A4 Advance Key Transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2018, 08:31 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming 2017 Audi A4 Advance Key Transmitter

I recently bought a used car and only have one key available. I want to make a copy of the Audi Advance Key. I see the genuine part is available to buy via Audis Parts website. https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi__A4...9754AKTKE.html

I wanted to find out if anyone has programmed an extra key for their Audi A4 and an share instructions on how to do it. I have OBDEleven so can do some programming/coding it needed.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by agp2572
I recently bought a used car and only have one key available. I want to make a copy of the Audi Advance Key. I see the genuine part is available to buy via Audis Parts website. https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi__A4...9754AKTKE.html

I wanted to find out if anyone has programmed an extra key for their Audi A4 and an share instructions on how to do it. I have OBDEleven so can do some programming/coding it needed.
It has to be taken to the dealer to be programmed. They need to authenticate against an Audi server to get the codes needed to program the keys.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SchwarzS6
It has to be taken to the dealer to be programmed. They need to authenticate against an Audi server to get the codes needed to program the keys.
Thanks for that info. I went to the dealership and they quoted me $220 for the key transmitter plus $75 for the physical key + $145 for labor which is their hourly rate. So a total of $440 plus tax.

I was looking at the Audi parts website and found Audi in Naples Florida selling the kay for 20% off regular $220. https://parts.audinaples.com/p/Audi_...9754AKTKE.html

I might ask the dealership if they can get the part for that price from Audi Naples if there is no way to save money on programming by myself.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any news on this topic? As I also need a spare key and have one working. I can buy the spare key with same ID dirty cheap, but need to program it accordingly. I know for older audi cars it was super easy. Not sure if its so for B9.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Only dealer can program

Went through this today... purchased what what said to be original part from eBay seller. Took to dealer and they charged $67 to try to program but won’t take the coding. The dealer service department took my money even though it didn’t work. It’s going to cost you the $340-400 to get an original from Audi.

Good luck and buy original parts
Old 12-02-2018, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tat2boi
Went through this today... purchased what what said to be original part from eBay seller. Took to dealer and they charged $67 to try to program but won’t take the coding. The dealer service department took my money even though it didn’t work. It’s going to cost you the $340-400 to get an original from Audi.

Good luck and buy original parts
What was the reason? Have you bought used key?
Old 12-03-2018, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by sergey307
What was the reason? Have you bought used key?
it was a new key purchased. The new key won’t accept the programming. Te said about 98% of keys brought to them won’t take the program if not original
Old 12-03-2018, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by tat2boi

it was a new key purchased. The new key won’t accept the programming. Te said about 98% of keys brought to them won’t take the program if not original
If that is the case you cannot blame them for charging for the work.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:51 AM
scutustudios.com

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi, I'm in the same situation, my Audi A4 2017 came with 1 key only (I have noticed that it has 2 keys registred on the dash) I have asked an Audi dealer in Toronto and they quote me around $600 CAD for an original key, remote, and programming. It's crazy expensive for something you can buy used on eBay for less than $100 (oem key).
They said that they won't work with any aftermarket parts so they won't even try to program my key so I was wondering if I can program the key by myself? Or does anyone know any shop in Toronto that will do a key cut / programming?

I'm interested more in the remote than the actual key - the keyless entry work perfect for me.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Audi has a list of 3rd party key coding retailers that may be cheaper than the dealership. They had legal problems a few years back over this.

https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...Facilities.pdf

Quick Reply: Programming 2017 Audi A4 Advance Key Transmitter