A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Q. about playing music files on MMI Navigation Plus system

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Q. about playing music files on MMI Navigation Plus system

Hello all, newbie here - first post.
I don't currently own an Audi, but after seeing the car at the recent 2017 NAIAS I'm seriously considering ordering a fully optioned 2018 A5 Sportback (S Line) - a car that is fundamentally based on the A4 B9 platform. I have a question about the functionality of Jukebox/SD card/USB device music file playback in the latest MMI Navigation Plus with MMI Touch system. Does the system allow the me to play, in succession, ALL SONGS of a given artist (in alphabetical order)?... which would include all songs from all albums for that artist? Or must I choose a specific album after choosing the artist I want to listen to?.. and then listen to the songs from that specific album only? My current vehicle allows me to play ALL SONGS from a given artist, where I have multiple albums by that artist copied to the media source I've activated. I've become quite used to this feature, especially where it concerns my extensive Beatles collection.
Thanks in advance for any & all advice/comment.
/RB
Old 02-02-2017, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can play all songs of an artist and it would be arranged alphabetically by album. So the albums are in alphabetical order and then you get all songs played from each of the albums in succession. That has been my experience. Ill play with the artist tab and see if it shows the song differently.

Also one cool thing is if you decide you want to play a specific song, and then you let it keep playing, the music does not stop at then end of the album it will jump to the next album artist and keeps playing.