A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Red LED on the door of the drivers side

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 12:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
im pretty sure no Euro spec German brands have panic buttons on fobs.
You might be right.
First of all, I've never seen one with a panic button. Now since an alarm is an option, not everybody is keen to buy one, especially for an extra 5-600 euros. 60% of the cars in Belgium are leased cars (company cars), so if they get stolen, who cares,. I mean I wouldn't. I would be mad for the personal stuff in the car that I lose, like sunglasses, SD-cards....

And second, I even think it's illegal to be able to activate your alarm from a distance. Some might use it to freak out other people when they come to close to their car ;-)

Last edited by jee-esteke; 02-09-2017 at 12:43 AM.
Old 12-18-2019, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It’s the indicator for the regular built in alarm. It’s the same alarm that starts beeping when you are sitting inside your locked car and open the door without unlocking it with the key. In other words, it’s the alarm for cases like if someone breaks your window and tries to open the door by pulling the door opening lever awarding people in surrounding.

Originally Posted by jee-esteke

Red LED in door Drivers side. What's it doing?
Old 12-28-2019, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

If you want to test your alarm, lock your car while you are still inside (make sure the car is completely turned off) and wait a minute or so. Once the red LED begins to blink try moving around a bit. This has triggered my alarm in the past, I'm guessing the vehicle detects motion inside the cabin whenever the vehicle is completely locked and shut off.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by jee-esteke
Hey guys,

Is there anybody who can tell me the function of the red LED on the door on the drivers side (close to the mirror)?
It starts blinking when I lock the door. So at first I thought it was the alarm. But now I found out there is no alarm installed in my car... So why the LED?

And the fact that I don't have an alarm is probably also the reason why I cannot make my car beep (once or twice) when locking or unlocking the car, because that feature simply uses the horn of the alarm.

So, again, what purpose does this LED have?

Thx,
JST
The red flashing light in the door indicates SafeLock is on. "SafeLock prevents the doors from being opened from inside as well as window operation. This makes it more difficult for anyone to break into the vehicle