A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Retrofitted: Ambient lightning (Just like the Extended LED Interior Lighting Pack)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2019, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resistor Specs

Hey Joe, j ordered the OEM red LED modules, I was wondering what the Specs of the resistors you used was, voltage, wattage, and % efficiency?
Old 11-08-2019, 10:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi. Well, finally I managed to put the basic lighting the multicolored I did not put it because I had to buy the 4 modules of the doors and it was very expensive. I have made a new wiring on the multicolored wiring in case I can put it in the future. I have coded, although for the moment I only put in the doors later I will put the feet and center console. I have used some LEDs that I bought in Amazon that are the following and the result I hope you like it.

Led diodes:

Video:

Old 11-09-2019, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by LaZyB0ne
I already did this mod and replaced the door panels with Alcantara ones with leather armrests and mine also had the RGB LEDs.

I tested them out and I was not able to get power to some of the leds due to not having the correct plug/connector for the door control module. It was way too much work so I swapped my non-RGB and wiring from my stock door panels over to the new ones. A bit of a pain but everything is back to working as is.

This is the extra plug you need on the control module.

This is the one that I had see the missing connector

Then I purchased the G4 3 SMD LEDs that were listed above, but the seller sent me the wrong ones by accident and I had to return them, that took over a month and a half being he's in the U.K and was on vacation at the time. I haven't gotten around to reordering them either.

What lightning package does your car currently have installed?
Hey! It's been 3 years since I try to make this retrofit.
I have bought all the correct modules from audi, I already have the white lightning and I was able to activate the menu on the MMI to select the colors.

Can you confirm to me that only 3 wires are coming/going to/from the modules? Even if they have 4 plugs.
Old 01-31-2020, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello, I have an Audi A4 B9, Iv looked into changing the lights that are white into multicolored ones. Does anyone have any picture of the long ones to the left of the door handle? My idea is to change the less completely and use my phone to control them. I think if I could just replace the ones and disconnect the power to them, then reinstall the ones I want I could use my phone to control them.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Coding

great job !!! Did you find the coding to display the color change on the MMI?
Old 02-28-2020, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

what is the coding to display the other colours?
Old 03-04-2020, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default Display light color MMI coding

Open with VCP or VCDS the long coding (07), open the central electric (09) and activate
Byte 11 – Bit 3

Open the adaption (10) in the information electronic (5F) and activate the adaption channel ,,Car_Function_Adaptions_Gen2-menu_display_ambient_illumination‘‘0

activate the channel...
‘‘Car-Function_List_BAP_Gen2-interior_light_0x08‘‘

active the channel...
‘‘Car_Function_Adaptions_Gen2-menu_display_ambient_illumination_over_threeshold_ high‘‘

change the vallue to ‘‘terminal 15‘‘ ‘‘Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2-interieur_light_0X08_msg_bus‘‘

here are some photos

Old 03-04-2020, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 59 Likes on 35 Posts

So once this is coded to allow the color light selection on the mmi all that is required is to have the appropriate modules the Leds plug into? I understand the lights in the door plug into the door module. What do the other interior lights in the car interface with? Once obtained do these module require any coding?

Thanks! Great instructions above!
Old 03-04-2020, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Alpina540i
So once this is coded to allow the color light selection on the mmi all that is required is to have the appropriate modules the Leds plug into? I understand the lights in the door plug into the door module. What do the other interior lights in the car interface with? Once obtained do these module require any coding?

Thanks! Great instructions above!
I forgot to specify that you have to do an MMI reset to make it appear.
yes in the MMI I have not yet found the contour lighting and the contour lighting color (door handle).
yes that requires a coding that I do not know
it is necessary to change the modules but also the harnesses or to make them even.
Old 03-05-2020, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by LaZyB0ne
I already did this mod and replaced the door panels with Alcantara ones with leather armrests and mine also had the RGB LEDs.

I tested them out and I was not able to get power to some of the leds due to not having the correct plug/connector for the door control module. It was way too much work so I swapped my non-RGB and wiring from my stock door panels over to the new ones. A bit of a pain but everything is back to working as is.

This is the extra plug you need on the control module.

This is the one that I had see the missing connector

Then I purchased the G4 3 SMD LEDs that were listed above, but the seller sent me the wrong ones by accident and I had to return them, that took over a month and a half being he's in the U.K and was on vacation at the time. I haven't gotten around to reordering them either.

What lightning package does your car currently have installed?
hi LaZyBone !!
I bought second hand from the full color lighting door panel, side assist and B&O.
all lighting is integrated. how do i know if my module is high? (rear passenger
how to power the 2 extra cables?
here is a photo:
view the photo

:

Quick Reply: Retrofitted: Ambient lightning (Just like the Extended LED Interior Lighting Pack)