A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Seat enter/exit move

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2016, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat enter/exit move

From what I can find, Audi does not have the feature where the driver seat moves all the way to the back when turning off the car to allow easy exit and then move it to the right position when opening/starting the car. Does anyone know if they have started to do that and do it on the B9?
Old 11-06-2016, 07:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 84 Likes on 64 Posts

That is correct. The A4 doesn't have it. Personally, I can live without it.

My '13 Lexus GS had the auto-exit where the steering wheel moved up and the seat moved back. I turned it off because I found it annoying. My '06 Infiniti M45 had it. The motor went out, and I was left with the seat all the way back. I had to drive like a "low rider" with a cushion behind my back until it was fixed. Unless someone is fairly overweight I don't see the need for it.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
That is correct. The A4 doesn't have it. Personally, I can live without it.

My '13 Lexus GS had the auto-exit where the steering wheel moved up and the seat moved back. I turned it off because I found it annoying. My '06 Infiniti M45 had it. The motor went out, and I was left with the seat all the way back. I had to drive like a "low rider" with a cushion behind my back until it was fixed. Unless someone is fairly overweight I don't see the need for it.
Agreed, whenever someone says my car is too low and hard to get out of I just suggest they are out of shape, I have no issue getting out.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I quite enjoy it in my Kia Optima. I guess I'll just have to live without it once I get my A4 that's currently on the ship.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I found a way around it. I'm the only driver so Memory 1 is my driving position and memory 2 is seat all the way back. Doesn't address the steering wheel moving up but just moving the seat back works fine for me.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Mitchfin
Agreed, whenever someone says my car is too low and hard to get out of I just suggest they are out of shape, I have no issue getting out.
I would respectfully disagree - or at least qualify your statement. I'm 63 - that's 63 years old (unfortunately not 6' 3" tall) in fairly good shape - and I have to make an effort when exiting, not to scrape that inside door sill. Now, maybe it's because I am used to about 15 years of SUV's easy entry and exit.
Old 11-07-2016, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by up-n-coming
I found a way around it. I'm the only driver so Memory 1 is my driving position and memory 2 is seat all the way back. Doesn't address the steering wheel moving up but just moving the seat back works fine for me.
That's a good idea. I don't think the A4 has an electronic adjustable steering wheel anyway so that would not be possible.
Originally Posted by bob m
I would respectfully disagree - or at least qualify your statement. I'm 63 - that's 63 years old (unfortunately not 6' 3" tall) in fairly good shape - and I have to make an effort when exiting, not to scrape that inside door sill. Now, maybe it's because I am used to about 15 years of SUV's easy entry and exit.
I agree. I definitely don't need it since I'm only 5'4" and 140lbs but I don't want it as a necessity. I like it just because of the convenience.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bob m
Haha sorry I was mostly joking the car is tough to get out of at times.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Audi2589
Thanks for the quick reply. I quite enjoy it in my Kia Optima. I guess I'll just have to live without it once I get my A4 that's currently on the ship.
Curious as to what ship you're on - my A4 is on the California Highway.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 124 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by up-n-coming
I would be careful doing this if I were you. On two of my previous A4s -- my '96 and my '02 -- I could never find a comfortable seating position, so I adjusted my seats probably on a daily basis.

Well, I ended up twice burning out the bottom seat motors on my '96, and three times on my '02! It cost me $900+ each time to have the motors replaced. Nowadays you're probably looking at more than $1k to replace the motors.

Thankfully, on my '17 A4 I was immediately able to find a comfortable seating position. However, I must admit, that even at 5'8" and 158 pounds, I sometimes have a little bit of a difficult time getting over the sport seat's higher side bolsters. In fear of wearing it out prematurely, I have a adopted a horizontal butt maneuver to clear the bolster when getting in the car. It's a lot more difficult to do this on the way out, however.

Last edited by A4Driver; 11-07-2016 at 09:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Seat enter/exit move