A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Sport Package??

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 08:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a loaded topic, personally I would always opt for the Sport Package. The black headliner being 50% of my reasoning. The stiffer, stronger suspension in my mind is a long term benefit and will not hurt at resale time. If a car appears to be sitting higher, did they remove the shipping blocks from the springs ?

Last Day of June folks, last day of the quarter also... if you're a buyer, today is the day to make your deal

Matt Reese
Audi of Beaverton Oregon
Old 06-30-2016, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MattReese
This is a loaded topic, personally I would always opt for the Sport Package. The black headliner being 50% of my reasoning. The stiffer, stronger suspension in my mind is a long term benefit and will not hurt at resale time. If a car appears to be sitting higher, did they remove the shipping blocks from the springs ?

Last Day of June folks, last day of the quarter also... if you're a buyer, today is the day to make your deal

Matt Reese
Audi of Beaverton Oregon
You're right on that. I got my fully loaded P+ on the last day of the quarter and paid $45,000 on a $51,000 msrp the first week they had the A4s too!
Old 06-30-2016, 03:22 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by MattReese
This is a loaded topic, personally I would always opt for the Sport Package. The black headliner being 50% of my reasoning.
Meanwhile, I would never consider the sport (or Canadian S-Line) package for that very reason. I find black headliners create a more claustrophobic environment...
Old 06-30-2016, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VM
Meanwhile, I would never consider the sport (or Canadian S-Line) package for that very reason. I find black headliners create a more claustrophobic environment...
+1
Old 07-01-2016, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric5273
Today I test drove the A4 Premium Plus with the sport package. Unfortunately the dealer did not have any demos without the sport package for me to drive.

At first glance, the only thing in the sport package that is a "must" for me is the black headliner. However, I plan to order the brown leather interior, and that comes with the black headliner automatically. I sat in a car without the sport package, and the seats did not feel any less comfortable than the sport seats.

So it all then comes down to the suspension. Has anyone here driven the A4 both with and without the sport suspension? I know there is a third option which is the adaptive suspension, but I'm not getting a prestige, so that is not an option. I wish to compare the sport suspension with the base suspension.

The car I drove (with the sport suspension) handled great, and also was pretty smooth over rough road. I would imagine that without the sport suspension, the handling would be a little less and the ride would be a bit smoother. But is there is a big difference or is the difference minor?
I was agonizing on this decision myself, because I'm not in a position to order, and relatively speaking, the number of dealer stock cars with Sport is in the far minority, and most of them are First Edition right now (i cannot stand the FE Rims, they are a non starter). I had way more stock color combinations of PP models to choose from if I gave up Sport.

I also drove cars back to back (twice at different places), with and without Sport Package. I am coming from a 2014 PP A4 with Sport Package, so my comparison is relative to that. I think my only knock on Sport in 2014 is that over a certain bump/crater size, I had some really harsh response.

I think the improved suspension has narrowed the performance gap between Sport and Standard in 2017. Stock is far less mushy, and much better handling. But, I also think the Sport suspension in 2017 (and maybe for same reason: improved suspension) is less harsh, especially on really big bump/craters, while still providing the connection, control, and feel of the road. But I left the first comparison drive feeling that it was a much tigher call, just based on performance.

The 2017 base seats are improved over 2014 (IMHO), but I still found the thigh support extenders and tilt controls of the Sport Seats very compelling. I have come to really appreciate the thigh extensions.

Yes, Sport has a nicer look with the lowered ride and wheel gap. But of all the factors, I think I was most concerned that I'd regret the seat downgrade.

I punched yesterday on a PP with Sport package (close enough to last day of month and quarter). The deal was good enough to override the limited color choice. 24 hours later, with my seat adjustments all dialed in, and some driving under my belt, I am feeling very comfortable with the decision.
Old 07-02-2016, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

"I punched yesterday on a PP with Sport package (close enough to last day of month and quarter)."

What kind of a discount did you get?