A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Transmission mounts

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Transmission mounts

I just realised that our mod guru HyperS4 has CTS Turbo transmission mounts in his A4. I had no idea CTS had one and thought 034Motorsports was the only one with a transmission mount. Turns out I was wrong.

Now my doubt is. Would there be a difference with either brands? Or would the end effect be the same?
People using the 034motorsport mount seem to love it. Looks like only HyperS4 has the CTS one and he has given a positive experience with it too. The CTS one costs half of what the 034Motorport one costs.

CTS Turbo Audi A4 B9 Transmission Mount Insert

https://store.034motorsport.com/034m...-aluminum.html
Old 01-14-2017, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't answer any of your questions OP, but I've seen these around before and have always wondered if they're worth it? Do they make a noticable difference? Is a lift necessary to install?
Old 01-14-2017, 09:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by savi01
I can't answer any of your questions OP, but I've seen these around before and have always wondered if they're worth it? Do they make a noticable difference? Is a lift necessary to install?
He he. I don't blame you one bit. These forums do this to people like us and while my wallet and my wife hates it, I love it!!

Now, coming to your point.
1. Are they worth it? Do they make a noticeable difference?
Depends. In a daily driver, I'm not sure you will notice the difference. In a track car, most probably yes. It supposedly smoothens out shifts. I personally haven't felt it (stock DSG) to be bad but yes. The ZF in my A7 is definitely smoother but not as fast.

2. Is a lift necessary?
Well. Not exactly. You can use a jack too. Basically, you need to get under the car to access the stock mount (it's almost directly beneath the gear shifter (location wise). So yes. A lift would be helpful. A jack should do fine too. Looks like swapping it out isn't too hard if you have either of those and the correct screwdriver. HyperS4 has a wonderful DIY thread (one from amongst a few he has).

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...alled-2907970/
Old 01-14-2017, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

My search skills are weak - I didn't find that post earlier. Thanks for pointing it out! .. now if I had access to a lift, I would've ordered already
Old 01-14-2017, 10:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

My search skills are weak - I didn't find that post earlier. Thanks for pointing it out! .. now if I had access to a lift, I would've ordered already
The CTS mount comes to around $56 shipped. 034motorsports mount comes to $85 shipped. There is a difference in cost. Material is the same for both. Shape and color are the only difference. Go figure.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

So guys. I'm guessing either mount should be fine? If so, I'll pull the trigger on the CTS turbo mount today.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

After reading up on the two, I don't see why the CTS mount wouldn't be just as good. Let me know how it works out for you
Old 01-15-2017, 03:04 PM
AudiWorld Super User

After reading up on the two, I don't see why the CTS mount wouldn't be just as good. Let me know how it works out for you
Yup. Looks like I'm alone on this one. Anyways. I've put in an order for the CTS mount. I'll keep you updated.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

There are quite a few options. I went with the cheapest. They are all made out of a solid block of billet aluminum. You mostly pay for the name is the only difference. The APR one costs over $100. Blah. It's under the car, nobody can see the name.
Old 01-15-2017, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by HyperS4
There are quite a few options. I went with the cheapest. They are all made out of a solid block of billet aluminum. You mostly pay for the name is the only difference. The APR one costs over $100. Blah. It's under the car, nobody can see the name.
That's what I guessed as well. Both CTS and 034 make it out of an aluminium billet (same number too). Shape, color and brand vary. I didn't know apr had one too. I saw on ECS that the oem one costs more than $100.

Quick Reply: Transmission mounts