A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Turbo Lag

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo Lag

Hey all,
Just wondering if anyone has been experience any turbo lag on the A4. All the reviews say it's minimal... but starting from a stopped position, I think it's quite noticeable, even in dynamic mode. Has anyone noticed this ?
Old 05-23-2016, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts

Nothing that I wouldn't have expected or experienced during test drives
Old 05-23-2016, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Coming from a normally aspirated car it was the first thing I noticed, but I'm getting used to it.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't notice any lag. It feels like it spins up quickly to me but I also have the 6 cylinder turbo in my BMW so I might just be use to turbo cars now. This is my first duel clutch transmission and it does feel a little different when starting from a stop.
Old 05-23-2016, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Dibiase
I don't notice any lag. It feels like it spins up quickly to me but I also have the 6 cylinder turbo in my BMW so I might just be use to turbo cars now. This is my first duel clutch transmission and it does feel a little different when starting from a stop.
It feels like a half second to a second delay from stepping down on the gas hard until the car starts moving..
Old 05-23-2016, 02:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jeseds
It feels like a half second to a second delay from stepping down on the gas hard until the car starts moving..
I've been taking it easy because I'm still in the 1000 mile break in period but I tried a few fast starts on my way home and I did notice the lag your describing. Feels more like transmission lag to me.
Old 05-24-2016, 05:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds more like the S-tronic clutch, which takes a split second to engage from a stop. Usually it engages by the time you move your foot from the brake to the gas pedal. But if you're too fast you may hit the gas too quickly causing the engine to rev freely before the clutch engages, and the car won't move yet. High revs will also cause the clutch to slip more so the car won't accelerate as much as you'd expect.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by newmoon
Sounds more like the S-tronic clutch, which takes a split second to engage from a stop. Usually it engages by the time you move your foot from the brake to the gas pedal. But if you're too fast you may hit the gas too quickly causing the engine to rev freely before the clutch engages, and the car won't move yet. High revs will also cause the clutch to slip more so the car won't accelerate as much as you'd expect.
This is what I noticed. Not turbo lag at all, just a slight delay while the car figures out what to do.
Old 05-31-2016, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Did You notice it using launch control too ?
Old 05-31-2016, 09:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I haven't tried launch control yet. I'll try it out and see it does the same thing.

Quick Reply: Turbo Lag