A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

Advice on how to handle Audi service people?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Advice on how to handle Audi service people?

I'm bringing in my A4 Cabriolet for the umpteenth time concerning squeaks and rattles this Wednesday. In my last appointment, Hector at Beverly Hills Audi told me there is nothing that can be done about the very load rattles at the window seams (they show up about half the time, which makes proving it difficult). He said the rattles are normal because it's a convertible. I grudgingly accepted the bad news, believing that he had a point.

I now have a change of heart. I believe that it's unacceptable that a $47,000 premium convertible have rattles like mine. I'm also getting tired of friends making fun of how 'cheap' my Audi sounds.

Does anyone here believe I have a right to cause a stink?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-20-2003, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Advice on how to handle Audi service people?

Yes. If Audi is famous for anything, it's its interiors and build quality. This extends to the Cabriolet. Audi cabs should not behave like US-quality convertibles and if they do, then there's something wrong.
Old 07-20-2003, 03:35 PM

I have had a number of cabs. in the past, and have my first Audi cab. due in in the next 2 weeks. I made it clear up front that I hate cars with any noises sqeeks or rattles and expect that any difficulties will be handled, or they will never get any future business from me or any one I know. They assure me that rattles and squeeks in this car are not normal, nor acceptable. I have a CLK500 cab. on order, which I will not cancel until I am sure this car will not be a problem, though after reading the many posts on here, am getting concerned.

I have had several CLK cabs, a few BMW cabs., and a few Porsche cabs., Even the Porsche people stated that noises and rattles were not acceptable in a quality car, even a convertible.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:40 AM

I contacted Audi UK and they told me a different story.

They have admitted to me that they have several issues concerning rattles/creaks & steering racks.

Mine is in the shop again for a further 3 days worth of work :-(
Old 07-21-2003, 01:31 AM

You have every right to cause a stink. S & R's are something which the premium car manufacturers take very seriously(i worked at Jaguar design centre for 4 years - i know 1st hand) so no dealer should be telling anyone that squeaks are acceptable. As i have mentioned elsewhere my dealer says squeaks are inevitable on a cabrio but if its as bad as it is after 2 months and 3k miles then whats in store for 2 years time !?!