A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

Any Moro Blue owners with trouble free/"normal" paint?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2003, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Moro Blue owners with trouble free/"normal" paint?

Have been following the trials and tribulations of a few of the members who have been having problems re swirl marks and "softness" of the paint with their Moro Blue cabrios.

Any comment from folks who have Moro Blue cabs who haven't had problem(s) in this regard? Hopefully you're not that rare!

Also, has anyone been able to determine if this problem is associated with a certain manufacturing time period (cars made in weeks 40-45, for example) or a particular geo (only western europe, only US/Canada, etc.), or even a particular model year (maybe the problem was worse for the '03s)?

As a new owner of a Moro Blue cab, I'm following these threads closely, and I'm hoping it's a case of a few unfortunate individuals having the problem. If it's virtually universal... uggghh!
Old 11-30-2003, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just be lucky you didn't get black
Old 11-30-2003, 10:50 AM

Default Re: Any Moro Blue owners --don't fret yet

you shouldn't freak about it until something happens. It's under warrenty anyway. Darker colors will show more marks and if not cared for or left out in the sun all the time, it will fade.
I have a black one and I have had no problems --yet. I'm very careful when I wash it and try my best to avoid automatic car wash brushes.
If something happens to your paint before the warrenty is up, Audi will have to fix. In the meantime, enjoy the car without waiting for something negative to happen.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Just be lucky you didn't get black

What is worst, ---- Brilliant Black (normal paint) or Black mettalic ????

What your´s experience ?????
Old 11-30-2003, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Brilliant is worse, but not by much...

The OEM clearcoat on the BB is very near glass when new. It's tough to keep in good shape, but if you do/can, it looks great. The metallic has some other glints in it that can distract you when looking at it close and therefore, it may be a bit easier to keep in good condition (at least to the untrained eye).
Old 11-30-2003, 11:11 PM

Would using high pressure jet washes be OK to use?
Old 12-01-2003, 04:09 AM

Not on the convertible top--I use a high pressure jet to clean the body and a soft mit to hand wash the dirt off. I think it better to use a low pressure hose but I don't have access to that since I live in an apartment complex. When I use the high presure hose I make sure not to point the nozzle to close to the paint. I hve yet to use detergent on the top. I just lightly spray the top off with a low pressure setting.
I baby the hell out of this car.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:33 AM

Sorry for being thick : ) but why not on the soft top, would it make the dirt in-grained? Just wondering because it's going to be the only way I'll manage to clean the car!
Old 12-01-2003, 06:49 PM

You're not thick!
The owners manual says not too about six or seven times through out the top care section. That's the only reason why I don't use teh high pressure.
I think the pressure can damage the seals after a while, But really, I have no idea exactly why--I figure convertibles are so hard to seal as it is
Old 12-02-2003, 11:17 PM

Thanks

Looks like when I get it I'm going to have to be careful!

Quick Reply: Any Moro Blue owners with trouble free/"normal" paint?