A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

B7 convertible taillights on a B6 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2023, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B7 convertible taillights on a B6 convertible

Hello,
I am new to the forum and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
I purchased B7 cab taillights for my B6 cab. I assumed they would be plug and play. After doing some research I discovered that I need a harness to connect the two different types of connectors between the car and the taillights. Also the wiring needs some sort of resistor set up so that you don't get error messages. But that is where the info I could find ends. I know you can buy a harness but it's $70. I'm sure you can make them for like $15. There must be directions on how to make the harness somewhere. I have been looking for weeks but cannot find the information.
If you know where I can find directions on how to make the light harness please let me know. It will be very appreciated.
Old 12-20-2023, 12:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You've probably already figured a fix for this post since it's over a month or, but if not, I've got a used but good taillight harness for the 2007 A 2.0t quattro Cabriolet that I took off mine when I replaced a cracked taillight.
you can even have the whole old housing/assembly/actual taillight too if you want 😆
Seriously, though, shoot a message if you are still looking.

Originally Posted by OwwDe
Hello,
I am new to the forum and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
I purchased B7 cab taillights for my B6 cab. I assumed they would be plug and play. After doing some research I discovered that I need a harness to connect the two different types of connectors between the car and the taillights. Also the wiring needs some sort of resistor set up so that you don't get error messages. But that is where the info I could find ends. I know you can buy a harness but it's $70. I'm sure you can make them for like $15. There must be directions on how to make the harness somewhere. I have been looking for weeks but cannot find the information.
If you know where I can find directions on how to make the light harness please let me know. It will be very appreciated.