A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

color combo dilemma; black exterior durability; black interior hotness

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 05:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default color combo dilemma; black exterior durability; black interior hotness

I am considering color combos for a new cab. I like black and don't mind cleaning it. My concern is how to keep it fresh looking. Will it really swirl-up fast? If I sell in 3 to 5 years will it look bad compared with other colors? If I got black, I'd go with a beige interior. If I went with say, silver exterior, I'd likely go with black interior. Would the black interior be too hot in summer? Would silver exterior and grey interior go well together? I live in Pittsburgh. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:20 AM
Elder Member

Default black exterior durability

yes it will swirl. every six month expect to polish it with a porter cable.

beside the above, black cabs are HOT
Old 04-22-2005, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm a big fan of Black/Black combo's...

if you are a dedicated wash/detail freak, I'd highly recommend that combo. Otherwise, you need to look for other options... it's definitely a lifestyle choice - either you like to wash & care for your cars by hand or, you don't.

If you're not willing to invest the time to take care of B/B, don't do it.

/\/\/\/\ = my $0.02
Old 04-25-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Fellow Pittsburgh Cab Owner (long)

I live in Pittsburgh and have a red exterior, black interior, black roof S4. I almost opted for the silver on black, but the red was too impressive for me not to go with. So far with our relatively warm summer's, I have had no problem with the black interior heating up to an uncomfortable level. I don't leave the top down in the sun for any extended period of time either. Personally I think the black interior looks the very best, but tan and red look great as well. I am not a big fan of the silver/gray interior at all. I previously had a black A4, and it was a bear to keep clean with our constant rain/sleet/snow/salt mixed seasons. It is possible to keep the paint looking good but expect to put in twice as much effort as compared to a say silver exterior. Swirling on a black car here, is near unavoidable with the amount of cleaning you will need to do to keep the car in great shape. Black on Black, Black on Tan, Black on Red, or Silver on Black would be my choices and please go with a black roof! Drop me a line if you ever need anything from a local audi fan.

jshoup15@hotmail.com
Old 05-03-2005, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I have a black sedan with the beige leather...

It's a very classy and elegant look. I think the A4 interior in beige is a cut above most. Especially with the lighter wood. If you are less into luxury and more into "sport", then the black with the grey is the standard.