A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

Issues with the motor inside the Glovebox lid (WITH PICS!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 08:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues with the motor inside the Glovebox lid (WITH PICS!)

Hi guys, in 6 years I've been browsing these forums this will be the first time I ever post.
I just purchased an A4 cabrio with 110K km in it. I noticed that every time I unlock or lock the card there is some grinding noise coming from the glove box lid.

At first I thought it would be some HVAC thing but then I opened the glove box and did some digging on the internet: Turns out the glove box lid can lock and unlock as well with the remote fob.

It seems some mechanism is stuck or something in my lid because it is not unlocking or locking it. I can hear it doing some noise but that's it. (Attached are some pictures of this)

Has anyone else had this issue? Do you guys know how to fix it? Or at least how to disassemble the lid itself?? (I know how to remove the entire glovebox but I do not know if disassembling the lid is possible?!?!?)
Attached Images      
Old 03-28-2013, 12:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bump

Old 12-08-2021, 06:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hi I can help you with this, I am restoring an 2004 A4 B6 8H 2.5 TDi Cabriolet.

My car had a broken hinge on the glivebox a cimmon issue with these so I repaired that but on further investigation I found the central locking switch inside the lid had a broken actuating arm which goes in and out of the switch when you lock and unlock these glovebox hinges are glued to you have to part the lid cover from it's backing to expose the switch and catches etc, you can remove the cetral locking switch and arm which pops out of the back of the opening handle but to take the backing of the glovebox lid cover (you have to remove the hinge pins warm up the plastic around the hinge pins before pulling them our as it's almost impossible to pull them out cold), damper and disconnect the wires 1st, I used flat dinner knives to part the glued lid, you think it will break but if you take your time and go careful you will eventually win lol, I have looked everywhere for a glovebox central locking solenoid not a switch really but to no avail so might try and repair it, dont look an easy task either but hay hoe no rush it's a restore job. Hope this helps a bit. If your struggling give me a shout working on mine as we speak, Whats App me on 07880206765.
All the best, Sean. 🤜🤛
The following users liked this post:
Tagbrighton (06-24-2023)