A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

UK: my new car has 'spare parts' in the boot

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK: my new car has 'spare parts' in the boot

Hi, I'm new around here and new to Audi. Onto my 2nd or 3rd mid-life-crisis and realised that I had never before owned a convertible and though it was time I did. got myself a A4 b6 ? (2006) 3.0tdi quarto. Its got a pretty good history file with it and needs a bit of a tidy but nothing too bad, just wheel arches and a bit of a spruce up. Anyway in the boot (trunk) i found a few bits that had fallen off from various places and never been refitted, i found where most go and put them back but there is a big long plastic part that i have worked out belongs on the lifting shelf thing in the boot, its got 2 rollers that obviously engage into the slots on the underside of the shelf. the shelf works fine but i cant work out how the spare long plastic 'cover / trim fastens on the ends, it seems to have holes in the ends as though it needs to fit onto a peg or roller of some sort but i cant see where / how. can anyone help please? im not sure if i m missing any parts / mounting brackets or something? thanks.
Old 08-16-2022, 09:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just incase anyone else needs to know, I had time to check and found the mounting points hidden under the carpet at the top of the boot. simple to slot the 'rollers' into their groves in the underside of shelf and flex the cover slightly and locate it onto the round pegs at each end.