A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

034 Swaybar owners - Soft or Firm?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 034 Swaybar owners - Soft or Firm?

Getting 034 front and rear sway bars +links installed later this week. I'd like to save myself the time and set it and forget it. I only came across one user on here that had them installed firm F/R and liked it. Would like to hear if anyone has experience with soft f/r or chime in on their experience so I have more reference points to make my decision.

Will post my settings and thoughts after I get some seat time.
Old 02-06-2024, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I dont have anything to add as far as firm / stiff but I was curious, did you get the endlinks too or are you using the factory? Im looking at getting the sways as well but am not sure If I need the endlinks.
Old 02-06-2024, 03:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by heartmywagon
Getting 034 front and rear sway bars +links installed later this week. I'd like to save myself the time and set it and forget it. I only came across one user on here that had them installed firm F/R and liked it. Would like to hear if anyone has experience with soft f/r or chime in on their experience so I have more reference points to make my decision.

Will post my settings and thoughts after I get some seat time.
I'm curious as well. Sways are on my spring to do list.
Old 02-06-2024, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

I got Alex @Europrice to order the S6 OEM sways...and it did the trick for me. I didn't want end links for my own reasons. See my build thread. And since my car was new...I didn't have to worry about dealer issues. As they can be finicky.
The following users liked this post:
Alex@Europrice.us (02-06-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 08:18 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 243 Likes on 196 Posts

For trouble free non aftermarket sway bars these are always available:

Website Link: Sway Bars | Sport C8 <-Click Link for More Information

Same sway bars you will find on the S6 and RS6 and won't raise any suspicions for cars under warranty if that is a concern.

Cheers,

Old 02-06-2024, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I have also purchased F/R +links and have yet to install them. I did watch a 034 video on YT where they stated there's a third setting (that I will use)...an in-between, so to say, you install one side on the firm and the other on the soft. I presume it should be the same front and rear. I will go back and see if I can find the video.

Last edited by Britchz; 02-06-2024 at 10:30 AM. Reason: adding video link
heartmywagon (02-06-2024)
Old 02-06-2024, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by biggu
I dont have anything to add as far as firm / stiff but I was curious, did you get the endlinks too or are you using the factory? Im looking at getting the sways as well but am not sure If I need the endlinks.
yes, I am going to have the sway bars installed with the 034 upgraded links. Looking at the bolt comparisons on their site and my experience with sway bar installs, always go with stronger end links and end links designed to keep the geometry correct imo.
Originally Posted by TropicGreenA4
I'm curious as well. Sways are on my spring to do list.
I'll put my thoughts on here.

Originally Posted by parkstr8
I got Alex @Europrice to order the S6 OEM sways...and it did the trick for me. I didn't want end links for my own reasons. See my build thread. And since my car was new...I didn't have to worry about dealer issues. As they can be finicky.
Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us
For trouble free non aftermarket sway bars these are always available:
Website Link: Sway Bars | Sport C8 <-Click Link for More Information
Same sway bars you will find on the S6 and RS6 and won't raise any suspicions for cars under warranty if that is a concern.
Cheers,
Great choices for ppl that want to stick to oem parts. I went with 034 because sway bars and end links are within my mod/warranty comfort level.
Old 02-14-2024, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default 034 front/rear swaybar/end link review

Part Numbers: 034-402-1031, 034-402-4033, 034-402-4029

Initial Install - Make sure you add loctite to the adjustment nuts. I had to go back to the shop because these were all loose. Was a bit annoyed that I had to visit them twice but no big deal. I forgot about he infamous sway bar "clunk" that happens when you upgrade these on any car improperly.

Install Settings - Firm front and rear

Driving Experience - This is how the car should have come from the factory. Upgraded sway bars dial out the body roll you feel when taking a corner at low or high speeds. I did not like how the car lurches and feels numb on sharper turn in's at any speed. Upgraded sway bar brings back the road feel that I am more accustomed to.

Findings to pass on -
  • I have a MY23, not sure if or when Audi changed the front end links to a cast aluminum part. In 034 install instructions for the end links they show a plastic piece but the part that was taken off of my vehicle was a cast piece. I think if the front get noisy again I will swap the cast piece. Benefit of the 034 end link is that you can swap out the bushings if they get worn out vs a whole new end link from Audi or finding a way to press out the bushing which would be a project to source parts and labor. Running an upgraded sway bar with a OEM end link with OEM rubber bushings will wear the rubber out faster. You can save a buck if you did not want to purchase a new end link but know that you will need to address it when the part does eventually wear out.
  • Loctite on the adjustment nuts will also wear. Been thinking how I will address this for a more permanent solution but haven't come up with something yet.
Hope this helps anyone on the fence or wants a more predictable and planted turn in.
The following 2 users liked this post by heartmywagon:
Britchz (02-18-2024), Sam Adams (02-18-2024)
Old 02-14-2024, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

PSA side note, might be good to check under your brand new car. When the shop took off the undertray, to install the sway bars, they notified me a lot of oil splatter all over the bottom of the engine and sway bar. Contacted my dealer, told me no issues with me installing sway bars and booked me to bring the car in first thing this week.

My car has 3400 miles and drives fine. I'll update this post when I get the diagnosis from the dealer.
Britchz (02-18-2024)
Old 02-15-2024, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by heartmywagon
Part Numbers: 034-402-1031, 034-402-4033, 034-402-4029

Initial Install - Make sure you add loctite to the adjustment nuts. I had to go back to the shop because these were all loose. Was a bit annoyed that I had to visit them twice but no big deal. I forgot about he infamous sway bar "clunk" that happens when you upgrade these on any car improperly.

Install Settings - Firm front and rear

Driving Experience - This is how the car should have come from the factory. Upgraded sway bars dial out the body roll you feel when taking a corner at low or high speeds. I did not like how the car lurches and feels numb on sharper turn in's at any speed. Upgraded sway bar brings back the road feel that I am more accustomed to.

Findings to pass on -
  • I have a MY23, not sure if or when Audi changed the front end links to a cast aluminum part. In 034 install instructions for the end links they show a plastic piece but the part that was taken off of my vehicle was a cast piece. I think if the front get noisy again I will swap the cast piece. Benefit of the 034 end link is that you can swap out the bushings if they get worn out vs a whole new end link from Audi or finding a way to press out the bushing which would be a project to source parts and labor. Running an upgraded sway bar with a OEM end link with OEM rubber bushings will wear the rubber out faster. You can save a buck if you did not want to purchase a new end link but know that you will need to address it when the part does eventually wear out.
  • Loctite on the adjustment nuts will also wear. Been thinking how I will address this for a more permanent solution but haven't come up with something yet.
Hope this helps anyone on the fence or wants a more predictable and planted turn in.
This is great information, thanks!!
heartmywagon (02-15-2024)

Quick Reply: 034 Swaybar owners - Soft or Firm?