A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

2021 A6 Allroad Trailer Hitch

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 03:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Note: With my 2000 Audi Allroad, I went to a hitch manufacturer and my Allroad was the pilot vehicle that Curt Manufacturing used, as well as the photos for the installation manual. To say that I am out of options, means I am out of options.
Old 05-15-2024, 06:45 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 243 Likes on 196 Posts

Love to see these cars towing like this @derekpowell!

The adaptive cruise is turned off when towing as part of the towing recognition and will happen for all years/models. The only functionality change for your 2024 will be that any trailer lighting errors will disappear when that last bit of coding is done. For that final set of coding in the convenience module for 2024 models we are hopefully getting there. Audi is finalizing SFD2 around the world and luckily with the partners that are being used on these installs that final bit of coding should be doable in the coming months, so long as Audi doesn't haul off and do something odd.

So long as loads are properly balanced so the tongue weight isn't too high these European hitch setups for great for towing heavier loads:

Website Link: A6, S6, RS6, A6 allroad C8 Hidden Hitch Package (Electric) <-Click Link for More Information

If anyone has further questions on this setup don't hesitate to post or email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

The following users liked this post:
derekpowell (05-17-2024)
Old 05-15-2024, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

amazing that Land Rover can support ACC during towing while Audi can't--with no provision for manual cruise control. Ugh! RIP right foot
Old 06-03-2024, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DrMichaelR
I'm a newbie here but thought I'd provide an answer on the Stealth Hitch fit for a 2022 A6 Allroad. Yes, it does fit, although Stealth has not confirmed and therefore does not (yet) list fit for the 2022 on their website. Richard at Stealth was helpful and indicated he was 90% confident of fit on the 2022. I was not confident in 2 installers nearby in CO who said "no problem", flat fee of $500 to install, but warned me that if it doesn't fit they will charge me the $500 anyway and it's my problem. So I decided to use Stealth's excellent instructions and go at it myself. I had a few challenges, largely because of my inexperience. (1) how hard to pry with pry tools to release clips on the fascia, (2) how to disconnect the left plug from the fascia (did not figure it out so I just swung out the left-connected fascia and rested in on 2 boxes while I worked on the new bits, (3) the fascia support bracket had a cable run through it so I also swung it out of the way while working, (4) had to remove the space saver spare and tools to get to the inside reinforcement beam bolt, (5) cut the heat shield before installing the Stealth hitch frame rather than after as shown in the instructions, (6) cut the heat shield with a Dremel and 456 cutter (slower than a grinder but works), (7) reinserting the fascia was tedious as some of the clips behind the wheel wells need to be in front of the attachment which is hard to see, (8) used black metal-reinforced plastic door edge guard along the heat shield and fascia cut edge to give it a more finished look. No interference issues with the hatch foot sensor at all...works perfectly. Hopefully I can upload a couple of photos of the finished product...sorry I did not take pics during the process...too busy trying to do a decent job. The finished product works as intended, fits. The heat shield and fascia cuts would likely have been a bit straighter and cleaner with an experienced hand, but the edge guard makes up for my lack of experience. Although it took me an entire afternoon rather than the 2 hours Stealth suggests, I'm confident anyone with a little skill can do this and probably within the 2 hours if they have done it before. Would I do again rather than take it to an installer...absolutely. Hope this helps for those of you waiting on a Stealth hitch for your 2022 A6 Allroad.

View from directly underneath. The Stealth latch block touches the fascia cutout. Note the edge guard on the heat shield cut. Cutout allows access to the spring-loaded handle and lock for the receiver latch pin.

View from behind. Latch block is flush with fascia.

With the receiver inserted.

With a 1-Up EquipD bike rack...highly recommended!

Bikes loaded and ready to go!
Can you use the ACC/Adaptive cruise while the bike rack is on?

I just ordered the stealth hitch for our bikes.
Old 06-04-2024, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I’ve had no issues using adaptive cruise with the hitch mounted bikes. The only thing that’s a pain is any time you do have to back up you’ll want to hit the sound icon for the sensors out back…
The following users liked this post:
ATX_Native (06-04-2024)