A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

2022 A6 Allroad Firmament Blue - Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 07:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 2022 A6 Allroad Firmament Blue - Build thread

Hi all

Greetings from a long-time lurker. I just picked up my new A6 All road from Audi Seattle. Great dealer btw.

Specs

2022 Prestige Firmament Blue
Sarder Brown Interior
Prestige Package
Luxury Package
No wireless phone charging (due to chip shortage )
Fully loaded. I did not want Black optics (ok if you do) but I love the shiny bits.

Overall, I love the car so far at 50 miles on the odometer.

A few observations for prospective buyers:

Color: Firmament Blue is a really, really dark blue. Looks black at night, but it's an amazing blue in the sunlight. None of the online pictures do it justice. Incredibly happy with the color. I got the full body paint but the texture of the cladding make paint match feel a bit off. No big deal. I expect to correct with Xpel.

Comfort: Super smooth and the double pane windows make the cabin super quiet. Bumps on the road are not a big deal. Lux package and the alcantara details bring it up a notch. Not sure how I feel about the start/ stop functionality yet, it's weird. Soft close doors is a functionality I didn't know I needed.

Suspension: I was surprised how long it takes for the air ride system to adjust. I'm driving on Auto now, but I think I like dynamic better. CETE on order.
Performance: I'm still breaking it in. Not bad, not super-fast but enough power to satisfy your needs. But this is not a Porsche. I knew going in that it would be a downgrade from my stage 1 400hp C7. APR get your sh*t together and give us an upgrade.

Tech: I contend that no one does interiors like Audi. So refined, this is my 4th Audi, and they just keep getting better. It's a freaking Christmas tree when I get inside, and I love it. However, I am still struggling with myAudi app, and getting the car registered. After reading other threads sounds like I'm not alone.

Rarity: I have only seen 1 other Allroad in the Seattle area since they came out. Sales guy stated they may only get a handful a year and this was his first Allroad sale ever. So, if you see one, make wish, cause these things are unicorns. As of this writing there are only a handful for sale on Autotrader.

I titled this as a build thread as I intend to change a few things including the basics such as tint, wheels, and some other bits and share with you.

And yes, I pictures show terrible parking angles but this was an empty garage. So, hold your judgement.

In all honesty and I'm sure I'm not alone here I really wanted an RS6 but the prices are just unjustifiable at this point. So, I'm going to keep this girl for a few years and see what happens in the market once madness ends. I am just happy Audi chose to being this to the states given how few Avant options are there for us non- suv lovers.

Last edited by Sam Adams; 03-04-2022 at 07:39 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Sam Adams:
1998993c2s (03-22-2022), Nbren71 (03-06-2022), Omegafiler (10-31-2022), uberwgn (03-24-2022)
Old 03-04-2022, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Wow that is a sweet ride. basically EXACTLY the way I would build it if I were to go for the A6.

The Audi app issue sure is a pain - make sure your your dealer gets after it right away.
The following 2 users liked this post by JSchmo:
Nbren71 (03-06-2022), Sam Adams (03-04-2022)
Old 03-05-2022, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 295 Likes on 253 Posts

Nice I wanted Firmament with black optics on my A6, but didn’t work out that way. Very happy with my Navarra and the accents with it. I’m surprised there is t more of a demand for a wagon in the Seattle area, but great to know you are the “ only “ one. Looking forward to seeing/ reading what all that you do with and to it.
Old 03-05-2022, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DadAudi
Nice I wanted Firmament with black optics on my A6, but didn’t work out that way. Very happy with my Navarra and the accents with it. I’m surprised there is t more of a demand for a wagon in the Seattle area, but great to know you are the “ only “ one. Looking forward to seeing/ reading what all that you do with and to it.
thanks! Had I spec'd the car I would have chosen Navarra. There are tons of other wagons, some may call this area the land of the Subaru Foresters Just have not come across other C8 AllRoad's; I'm sure they are out there.
Old 03-05-2022, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 295 Likes on 253 Posts

I like Navarra on my body style meaning with a “ S “ Line body or booty as my daughter calls it lol. This is after I had those black optics wheels powder coated so I can use them as winter wheels.
Old 03-05-2022, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 165 Likes on 93 Posts

I dig your style, dude...

My spec is pretty much identical minus BO. I agree with pretty much everything you have said. This is by far the most comfortable car I have ever owned. My biggest complaint is it's too quiet. I do wish firmament was a shade brighter. The car gets called black pretty regularly. You will love cete, having that control is pretty damn cool. I was never a huge air it out kind of guy but it's pretty damn fun. Definitely pick up a OBD11 if you don't have one yet. RS light dance is worth it on its own. Welcome aboard! Looking forward to what you do with it! Have your eyes on any wheels? I'm with you on a tune... A tcu tune would also be welcome!​​​​

Last edited by Turboale; 03-05-2022 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03-05-2022, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Beautiful Car, thanks for all the pics

That looks awesome. I personally love Firmament Blue. My wife drives a 2017 Q7 Prestige in Ink Blue. (I drive it when I pull a boat) Super dark blue that looks almost black in some light. I looked all over for one in that color when I bought it. That car also has brown interior and I still love the combination.
I ordered my 2022 A6 Allroad Prestige in Manhattan Gray with Black Optic and Sarder Brown interior. I went with Manhatten Gray so the black optic fenders would match. I guess I was trying to make the Allroad look as much like an Avant as possible. BUT, I think the color I like best on its own is Firmamant Blue.
If you have a chance, please send some interior pics. They are hard to find in that color. Let me know if you love the Sarder Brown.
Mine is delivered in May. That sucks about the wireless charging. Not a deal killer for me but they already lost the 4 wheel steering from the 2020 I think.
I have one serious question: Does it have a standard heated steering wheel? According to reviews I have watched it is there but no longer listed as a standard feature on Audiusa website or on their build feature. I hope this is not a casualty of the chip shortage too..This would be tough to give up after getting used to it here in Minnesota.
Thanks, B
The following users liked this post:
Nbren71 (03-06-2022)
Old 03-05-2022, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice! My 2019 A6 was almost the same except with the light beige interior and I still miss that car (got an S6 and semi-regret it)

enjoy!0

Last edited by uberwgn; 03-24-2022 at 05:07 AM.
Old 03-05-2022, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Congrats, great to see more allroad owners!
Old 03-05-2022, 05:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Turboale
I dig your style, dude...
My spec is pretty much identical minus BO. I agree with pretty much everything you have said. This is by far the most comfortable car I have ever owned. My biggest complaint is it's too quiet. I do wish firmament was a shade brighter. The car gets called black pretty regularly. You will love cete, having that control is pretty damn cool. I was never a huge air it out kind of guy but it's pretty damn fun. Definitely pick up a OBD11 if you don't have one yet. RS light dance is worth it on its own. Welcome aboard! Looking forward to what you do with it! Have your eyes on any wheels? I'm with you on a tune... A tcu tune would also be welcome!​​​​
Thanks. I have the OBD11 and already reading all about what I can do!

Quick Reply: 2022 A6 Allroad Firmament Blue - Build thread