A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

2022 A6 Allroad Firmament Blue - Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2022, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The exterior twin

My wife’s new car is the exterior twin. Her car had black interior. It’s stunning. I work for Audi Indianapolis and I know the rarity of these. I don’t know why Americans in general have such an aversion to wagons. She came out of a Q7 and LOVES this car! We probably would’ve opted for Black Optic but you can’t get that and full body paint and we both wanted that more.

2022 A6 Allroad, Firmament Blue full body paint. Black interior.
Prestige.

The following users liked this post:
DadAudi (03-06-2022)
Old 03-06-2022, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’ll verify at the dealership but I’m almost 100% sure the heated steering wheel is standard and not a victim of the chip shortage. The only thing ours is missing is the wireless charging. Ours was ordered in June, received 2 weeks ago.
Old 03-06-2022, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 165 Likes on 93 Posts

Easiest way to check is hit the button at the bottom of the bottom screen (three white dots). It should be the first button in that menu.
Old 03-06-2022, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BeachLane
That looks awesome. I personally love Firmament Blue. My wife drives a 2017 Q7 Prestige in Ink Blue. (I drive it when I pull a boat) Super dark blue that looks almost black in some light. I looked all over for one in that color when I bought it. That car also has brown interior and I still love the combination.
I ordered my 2022 A6 Allroad Prestige in Manhattan Gray with Black Optic and Sarder Brown interior. I went with Manhatten Gray so the black optic fenders would match. I guess I was trying to make the Allroad look as much like an Avant as possible. BUT, I think the color I like best on its own is Firmamant Blue.
If you have a chance, please send some interior pics. They are hard to find in that color. Let me know if you love the Sarder Brown.
Mine is delivered in May. That sucks about the wireless charging. Not a deal killer for me but they already lost the 4 wheel steering from the 2020 I think.
I have one serious question: Does it have a standard heated steering wheel? According to reviews I have watched it is there but no longer listed as a standard feature on Audiusa website or on their build feature. I hope this is not a casualty of the chip shortage too..This would be tough to give up after getting used to it here in Minnesota.
Thanks, B
Agree the 4 wheel steering would have been nice to have. Bummer had that got removed and yet it had no impact on pricing. I can confirm that it does come ship with the heated steering wheel but you have to dive into the A/C menu to enable it, that is no dedicated button. There is a button on the steering wheel shaped like an asterisk (*) that you can program it, but I am using it for something else I forget what now. Would not be surprised if Audi sneakily removed it for future shipments. According to the dealer I am lucky to have even received 2 keys. Dealer mentioned that Q7 and etron and GT Etron models are only getting one key for now. I got a $250 credit for no wireless charging option, and I can't imagine how I can go about retrofitting one. I'll have to research that.

Per your request, here are some interior pics I took today in full light. Once inside it looks darker. I do like Sarder, I know it's not for everyone, but I like how it matches the dark wood trim. If given the choice I would have opted for the Cognac interior that you can get in the RS. But I'm pretty happy. I have had black interiors for as long as I can remember so it's a nice change.

The following 2 users liked this post by Sam Adams:
1998993c2s (03-22-2022), DadAudi (03-06-2022)
Old 03-06-2022, 05:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 295 Likes on 253 Posts

Nice, any photos of the hatch area opened all the way please ?
Old 03-07-2022, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts

Congrats!! I'm patiently waiting for the notification that mine is being built. I ordered in January, and was told an April build date, but we'll see. This will be my first new car, and I'm super excited. It does kinda suck about the lack of wireless charging, but if that's the only thing that was a victim of the chip situation, I'll take it. Being an Android Auto guy, I'll need to be plugged in anyways, so it's not that huge of a deal.

Are you planning to do the CETE install yourself?
Old 03-07-2022, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Very nice! I agree that the heated steering wheel button is too well hidden in the menus as are a few other things (but that's fodder for another thread). You are quite lucky to have received 2 keys. I took delivery 2 months ago and still only have 1 key fob

My * button is dedicated to the garage door opener FWIW.

Enjoy!
Old 03-21-2022, 05:59 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice car, like the color match. I only got 1 key when I got my '22 Prestige in December, but the car did have wireless charging as well as the TPMS sensors that show actual pressure per tire. The sales rep was surprised as he said those two features are getting cut first.
Old 03-21-2022, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Removing TPMS seems like such a terrible move to make. Consider yourself lucky that you got a wireless charger!
Old 03-21-2022, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

First "mod" OEM Aluminum Pedal set. Install was relatively easy. Dead pedal just 1 screw, brake pedal you need to pull really hard to remove original rubber cover and slide new one in.
Gas pedal, wow. that was a PITA to slide in but managed to work it in there. Took a few tries. Car is at the shop this week getting PPF and other stuff done. More updates next week. And CETE just arrived!

The following users liked this post:
1998993c2s (03-22-2022)

Quick Reply: 2022 A6 Allroad Firmament Blue - Build thread