A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

2022 A6 Allroad Firmament Blue - Build thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2022, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

I changed out my body coloured mirrors for the aluminum housings. I feel like they match the other aluminum bits better.
Installation was a PITA to get the clips in place. But to me it was worth it.

Stock image from Europrice

Remove mirror/ Remove Housing. Remove Lane assist modules and swap to the new housing.

The following users liked this post:
DadAudi (04-13-2022)
Old 04-25-2022, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I’ve been following your thread with interest. Beautiful build!! Congrats!

I have learned about CETE, and am trying to understand the stock air suspension. I’ve read there are 6 modes from which to choose. If I want to “mix and match” the ride with the height, does the car allow me to choose a lower ride height with comfort suspension setting (as example)?

We’ve got a ‘21 Macan GTS that allows this function. We can get a comfort ride in a lower setting. I’m wondering if it’s similar in the Allroad but haven’t been able to find how the feature actually operates.

I understand the CETE allows you to override ride height and choose a “custom” lower ride height - but does it allow you to lower the car and keep comfort ride? And could this be done with the stock setup?

I did search (this forum and internet) but didn’t find answers. If there’s a thread I should read, I’d appreciate knowing the key search words (or a link).

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-25-2022, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by NotAGarageQueen
I’ve been following your thread with interest. Beautiful build!! Congrats!

I have learned about CETE, and am trying to understand the stock air suspension. I’ve read there are 6 modes from which to choose. If I want to “mix and match” the ride with the height, does the car allow me to choose a lower ride height with comfort suspension setting (as example)?

We’ve got a ‘21 Macan GTS that allows this function. We can get a comfort ride in a lower setting. I’m wondering if it’s similar in the Allroad but haven’t been able to find how the feature actually operates.

I understand the CETE allows you to override ride height and choose a “custom” lower ride height - but does it allow you to lower the car and keep comfort ride? And could this be done with the stock setup?

I did search (this forum and internet) but didn’t find answers. If there’s a thread I should read, I’d appreciate knowing the key search words (or a link).

Thanks in advance!
HI thanks for the comments.
The Macan CETE should operate the same way as the Allroad. You can override the existing driving modes and you can lower or raise the existing modes. One thing to clarify is that CETE does not actually override as in alters the ECU or anything like that. CETE tricks the module controllers via the Bluetooth connection you establish via the app. The neat thing is that once you setup a mode that you like, you set it and forget it, and the CETE will remember the drive settings once you select the mode. I have not opened the app after the initial setup. I adjusted the individual drive mode to -30MM and left the rest alone.
One thing that the instructions are not superclear and I wished someone had shared is the whole profile process. It's actually pretty basic once you figure it out. Basically you get in the car, select the drive mode that you want to override, open the app and adjust the height. Rename the profile if you want. Now if I want to override a different drive mode, get back in the car, change the drive mode and repeat the process and rename your profile. It's a bit confusing at first but you'll get it once you start using the app. I have not noticed any significant degradation in comfort at the lower height, but if I'm going to go over a steep driveway or carry a lot of stuff I change the drive mode to comfort which as I mentioned I left it at the factory default and raises the car. Hope this helps

Old 04-26-2022, 09:40 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 243 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by NotAGarageQueen
Won't jack this thread too much, but just to clarify for everyone that may read this.

CETE simply lowers, or raises, by the amount you set in the app from the drive select setting you are in. So if you are in Dynamic and want to lower from the height the car is at from the factory you open the app, lower the amount you want for Dynamic, click save and the CETE setup remembers. No need to have the phone on you all the time and you can change the height setting whenever you want or just set and forget.

Audi does not allow the damper/shock and height settings separately. So Comfort will be soft and Dynamic will be firm. Comfort will be taller and Dynamic will be lower... unless you have a CETE setup.

Now here is the neat part about a CETE setup if you wanted a softer shock setting with a lower height you can set the car to Comfort. Go into the CETE app, lower the car -50mm. You end up with a lower height than Dynamic while running the softer shock setting. Some SQ5 owners like to do this from feedback I have gotten.

CETE gives you the abilities beyond what an Audi will allow you to do that your Macan may already have to a degree to mix/match shock and height combos.

Module Package | CETE Audi A6, S6, RS6, Allroad C8 Air Suspension Lowering <-Click Link for More Information

If anyone ever has questions on CETE items feel free to shoot over a PM/email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

DadAudi (04-26-2022)
Old 04-26-2022, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you Sam Adams and Alex for the detailed info. Very helpful!
Old 04-27-2022, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us
Won't jack this thread too much, but just to clarify for everyone that may read this.

CETE simply lowers, or raises, by the amount you set in the app from the drive select setting you are in. So if you are in Dynamic and want to lower from the height the car is at from the factory you open the app, lower the amount you want for Dynamic, click save and the CETE setup remembers. No need to have the phone on you all the time and you can change the height setting whenever you want or just set and forget.

Audi does not allow the damper/shock and height settings separately. So Comfort will be soft and Dynamic will be firm. Comfort will be taller and Dynamic will be lower... unless you have a CETE setup.

Now here is the neat part about a CETE setup if you wanted a softer shock setting with a lower height you can set the car to Comfort. Go into the CETE app, lower the car -50mm. You end up with a lower height than Dynamic while running the softer shock setting. Some SQ5 owners like to do this from feedback I have gotten.

CETE gives you the abilities beyond what an Audi will allow you to do that your Macan may already have to a degree to mix/match shock and height combos.

Module Package | CETE Audi A6, S6, RS6, Allroad C8 Air Suspension Lowering <-Click Link for More Information

If anyone ever has questions on CETE items feel free to shoot over a PM/email: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,
@Alex@Europrice.us - forgive me as I'm new to AudiWorld/the thread and I am sure this is an FAQ - will the CETE module void factory warranties? Others - feel free to chime in as well Thanks so much for your help!
Old 04-27-2022, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by allroadadam
@Alex@Europrice.us - forgive me as I'm new to AudiWorld/the thread and I am sure this is an FAQ - will the CETE module void factory warranties? Others - feel free to chime in as well Thanks so much for your help!
Technically, any mod can void warranty, it's more about what your dealership is willing to let slide. If anything it would possibly prevent any warranty work being approved for suspension parts, as this is the part of the vehicle that was modified to operate outside of the designed parameters.
allroadadam (04-27-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 09:35 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 243 Likes on 196 Posts

As mentioned by TropicGreenA4, any mod can have an effect on portions of your warranty or items that could be warrantied. There are several warranties on a car versus just one whole encompassing warranty.

If you have the CETE setup installed and you had a bad engine part it would be very unlikely a dealership or Audi would point fingers at the CETE setup. Now if you had a suspension component go bad that usually would be under warranty a dealership or Audi may have issue with an aftermarket suspension controller. They may try to blame the controller for the issue.

With that said, it's very dealer dependent. Some dealerships sell modifications or participant in programs to modify cars. Some are very strict and will note down any mods on a car. Nice part about the CETE setup is it's reasonably hidden from view under the undertray panels and you can set the lowering to zero for each drive select mode. If you just go in for a simple service a tech doing the work would have to look for the CETE harnesses and modules to see them.

Best advice, know your dealership, your service advisor and in the event you have a modification to the area of the car that has a warranty issue it's best to remove the modification. If you had a failing or failed suspension components or noise from the suspension, remove the CETE setup. If you had an engine tune and the car was running oddly, get flashed to stock. Got an airbag warning light and swapped to an non stock steering wheel? Switch back to the stock wheel before a trip to the dealer.

Cheers,

The following 2 users liked this post by Alex@Europrice.us:
allroadadam (04-27-2022), DadAudi (04-27-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 295 Likes on 253 Posts

Or to tag on to what’s being said if you have concerns, then modding under warranty may not be for you.
allroadadam (04-27-2022)
Old 04-27-2022, 07:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex@Europrice.us
As mentioned by TropicGreenA4, any mod can have an effect on portions of your warranty or items that could be warrantied. There are several warranties on a car versus just one whole encompassing warranty.

If you have the CETE setup installed and you had a bad engine part it would be very unlikely a dealership or Audi would point fingers at the CETE setup. Now if you had a suspension component go bad that usually would be under warranty a dealership or Audi may have issue with an aftermarket suspension controller. They may try to blame the controller for the issue.

With that said, it's very dealer dependent. Some dealerships sell modifications or participant in programs to modify cars. Some are very strict and will note down any mods on a car. Nice part about the CETE setup is it's reasonably hidden from view under the undertray panels and you can set the lowering to zero for each drive select mode. If you just go in for a simple service a tech doing the work would have to look for the CETE harnesses and modules to see them.

Best advice, know your dealership, your service advisor and in the event you have a modification to the area of the car that has a warranty issue it's best to remove the modification. If you had a failing or failed suspension components or noise from the suspension, remove the CETE setup. If you had an engine tune and the car was running oddly, get flashed to stock. Got an airbag warning light and swapped to an non stock steering wheel? Switch back to the stock wheel before a trip to the dealer.

Cheers,
Originally Posted by DadAudi
Or to tag on to what’s being said if you have concerns, then modding under warranty may not be for you.
thanks to both of you for your help and insight!
DadAudi (04-29-2022)

Quick Reply: 2022 A6 Allroad Firmament Blue - Build thread